Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Apple iBooks on Kobo?

Hi,

I'm quite sure of the answer but... I guess there is no way to read books purchased on Apple Store (so with DRM) on my Kobo Touch?

I don't have many books, but now that I have a Kobo I do not want to read those books on my little iPhone screen anymore

Thanks

Last edited by Julien Pham; 12-07-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

If they are Apple-drmed (Fairlpay) then it wont be possible at this moment.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
There are unofficial ways to do this, but I think it's against the TOCs here to tell you how.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 AM   #4
Julien Pham
Connoisseur

Even unofficial ways, according to google, this is not possible for Apple DRM... But I may be wrong...
Old 12-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I don't own an Ipod, ipad or any Apple products, so you may well be right, but some quick googling showed at least one solution, but I don't know how safe it is to do and of course it's a legal grey area in some countries.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Yeah they're right, no drm removal for Ibooks

Last edited by The Terminator; 12-07-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Can't remove DRM type
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Julien Pham
Connoisseur

And according to google it is not possible for Apple DRM Adobe, yes, Apple, no