Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kindle books on Kobo vox

Does anyone read their Kindle bought books on the Kobo? i haven't been able to figure out how to do this.
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
No problem. I downloaded the Kindle app. That was last year. However, browse or search this forum. I think I've seen mention there's a newer version of the Kindle app that's not working. (?)
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I use the kindle app also

think I am using 3.1, tried updating up but it didnt work very well, I got 3.5.0 and amazon released an update very quickly to 3.5.1 which fixed probs, coudnt find this version so i downgraded back to my original version

the older version works fine, no issues for me so far

*going by memory here, so I think the version numbers mentioned are correct
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Alans
Connoisseur

Can you please let me know how you downloaded the app..did you go through getjar a
and just select amazon kindle?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
hope its ok to put links in here, i got mine from here
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps

this is where i got the later version from (but I had issues with it)
http://goodereader.com/apps/android-...er-apps/?did=1
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Here's a link to another thread that gives a link to the kindle app...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158132

it's in post #2
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

I got my Kindle app from here:

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...pps-and-tools/

It's still the same version I have, 1.1.0.90220088 No problems with it. I don't read a lot of Kindle books, just 2 or 3 so far, so I haven't really looked for the latest, greatest Kindle reader and don't know what features the newer versions offer.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Alans
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot..I'll give it a try when I get my hands on my Kobo later today.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
oldyellr
Evangelist

If you click on [edit] here next to each Kindle app version, you can see what the updates are.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi.../edit-versions
Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Alans
Connoisseur

I downloaded the kindle app following instructions and now I can't locate it on my device.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
oldyellr
Evangelist

It should be in your downloads in All Apps. But you should now have a little down-arrow up in your status bar. Just drag down the top of the screen and you'll see the file, then click it to install.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
Alans
Connoisseur

Ok so I finally got the kindle app on my home screen but it won't open..keeps telling me it is busy.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Alans
Connoisseur

The error message I get is that the kindle app has stopped unexpectedly and I should try again. Anyone familiar with this?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
@Allens,

Which version of Kindle did you install? I had installed the 1.x version from the same link oldyellr mentions. I later tried the 3.x version from another link and I couldn't use it. I got the same message you did and the application crashed. I ended up reinstalling my old 1.x and it works just fine.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I have version 3.5.0.83 from the Good e-Reader site here and it works for me on my Vox. The version I tried a little while before did crash, but I'm not sure what version number it was. I got both from the Good e-Reader site - the same link actually - so they do update their versions of the app.

Installing this latest version of the app did give me access to Amazon's Personal Document Service. I noticed after installing it that Amazon gave me a Kindle email. I didn't have that before.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote