Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
What's your opinion of the 301+

Hi,

If you have a 301, what's your opinion of it. The folder and notes / clipping looks great - I used it on a PB 360. Particularly, what's the button situation like. I am told on the 301 it's a bit stiff and awkward.

The 301 does have a 16 colour greyscales doesn't it ?

Many thanks for any help.

Kindest Regards,

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

PocketBook 301+

Anyone have a 301+ ?? What do you think ?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Prince Hal
Zealot

No-one has a 301+ ? Surely someone has one that isn't a reseller ?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Hal View Post
No-one has a 301+ ? Surely someone has one that isn't a reseller ?
Well, I am not a reseller as far as I am coming from Pocketbook itself.

To answer your tech question: PB301+ displays natively 8 shades of gray

Pictures, however, are displayed with 16 shades of gray.

The 301+ is a very solid reader well worth having. It has all the features the PB360° has except for the G-sensor. On the other hand, it has a bigger screen (6") and you can listen to music while you read.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I have a 301+ and really like it. It's the same Netronix EB-600 hardware as used by other companies (Cybook Gen3, Foxit) so you can read the hardware reviews on those devices. In my opinion the software is much better then my Cybook.

I've read a lot of complaints about the button but personally haven't had an issue with it. It's multi direction rocker switch and you push down on a slight angle rather then straight down.

I like the thin device and 6" display and when you put it in a nice leather cover it feels like reading a very light hardcover book. I didn't want the touch screen because I think it takes away from the readability, smudges and drains the battery faster. It's all personal preference though.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
Prince Hal
Zealot

Thanks

Many thaks everyone for your replies. That is really helpful.

Hal.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
Dodo
Dodo is on a distinguished road

Device: none
PB-301+ owner - very happy

I second Barcey's opinion above. I love my PB-301+. It's a great little reader. I love the screen size and the glare-free matte finish, and most of all the very well-designed user interface. I had bought a 6" Astak EZReader previously and couldn't stand it after using it for a week. I returned it and bought the PB-301+ and haven't looked back since.

I haven't noticed any problems with the four way rocker button. Yes, it's a bit stiff, but probably no more so than the touchpad buttons on my laptop.
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote