Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
You Tube Problem Being Investigated

For everyone that is trying You Tube with spotty success, Darrell at Kobo is speaking with the development team tomorrow to try to resolve the issue - or at least get more information about it.

He did recommend what another poster already recommended - to turn off/disable HQ - although that didn't work for me, it did work for some.

I may hear back from him tomorrow with more info on this.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Well, I can't use youtube in browser, but the official youtube app (the real app, not a link to the website) work very well even in HQ.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
This is the YouTube app, pokee? I've hesitated to suggest this because its effectiveness varies depending on the device and who knows how heavily tweaked from standard Android the Vox is, but what has sometimes worked for me in the past when the YouTube app has acted up on my Android devices is to go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications* > find and tap YouTube > if running already, Force stop > Clear cache > if still not working, repeat Force stop, Clear cache, Clear data.

* I think these steps are standard across Android 2.3 devices, but am not positive.

- Clear cache will clear temporary data from the app.
- Clear data will clear any personal data, e.g. if you're logged into YouTube via the app you'll have to reenter your details after this.

Last edited by viviena; 10-31-2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: clarification
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Hmmm...I'll try this viviena to see if it works - thanks! Seems like it could, since I was able to play my first video, and then had problems after that...
Old 10-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I tried installing the youtube android app (2.2.1.4?) and that seems to yield good results. The YouTube icon that ships is just a browser link.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic

I tried that...still won't work for me...the only thing that will work is a you tube 'viewer' app - but that means I can't log into my account or follow anyone on You Tube...