Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
Exclamation Statistical Data about EE & PE

Hi,
I suggest to everyone to subscribe to a new thread for statistical purposes, to detect, provided that you agree, the total number of PE & EE and the type of equipment we own in the forum.
It would be interesting if you could provide even SN, Part number and data found with the Settings menu ---> About EDGE.
In addition, this information should be accompanied by information about the behavior OK or not OK on the issue hibernation.
Thanks
Regards e. .. Ad Maiora Semper

Erminio.
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

My data - Model eNtorage eDGe
Hibernation NOT OK.

I found in the box!
S.N.: BF20434100121
P/N: 100-9500002-BLK

Other info, from menu Settings ---> About eDGe
Model number: edge
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.34 buildmaster@zeke #1
Build number: ERMINE-0-9
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
For all practical purposes, the P/N for all EEs and PEs should be the same, except for the color. I'm certain that the About eDGe information will be the same for all EEs and PEs as well. For example, my PE info is: edgejr and everything else is exactly the same as Erminio. With that said, I own one EE and two PEs, NONE of them have hibernation problems. Here are the S/N's of my devices:

Full Size Edge (Black): S/N BF20217100011

Pocket Edge (Black): S/N BF3014410064C

Pocket Edge (Red): S/N RF300431002FE

Last edited by obsessed2; 07-05-2011 at 03:59 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Black PE w/ no Hibernation issue, bought from Woot! S/N is:BF3014510022C
Blue EE w/ repeated Hibernation issue, sold in Canada S/N is: MF20530100305
Also, thanks for the thread.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
My info from "About eDGe" is the same as Erminio's.

PE w/ no hibernation issues, bought in Feb. S/N BF301441002F5
EE w/ almost no hibernation issues, bought last month (new) S/N BF2021410003D

Are we learning anything??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
EE purchased April 2010

S.N.: F201121002A6
P/N: 100-9500002-RED

Model number: edge
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.34 buildmaster@zeke #1
Build number: ERMINE-0-9

Update History: Started with Badger and updated automatically to Ermine when notified.

Misc:
- Changed screen orientation to the ereader on the right side during Badger.
- Installed z4root_1.1.0 selected root ran for 20 minutes without results; forced close
- Dropbox works
- Kindle app works (since deleted)
- Install recommended version of Flash (Adobe_Flash_Player_10.1.61.68); no noticeable difference in displaying flash websites
- Camera
+ Stills: green since Ermine; fine before
+ Movie: okay
- No task killer installed
- AppRemove app used to remove apps no longer needed or do not run after installation
- Youtube app works
- Onscreen keyboard;
+ does not always recognize a letter or duplicates the selected letter;
+ clicking "Go" enters the a lowercase letter "el";
+ clicking "!" from the "Abc""UP arrow" enters a comma "," but is correct from the "?123" menu;
+ clicking "?" point from the "Abc""UP arrow" enters a period but is correct from the "?123" menu
- No hibernation issues

Issues: Following browsers crash: Native, Skyfire, Miren, Opera Mini, Opera Mobile, Dolphin, Dolphin HD, Maxthon, and Zirco. No, yet, repeatable actions. Sometimes lasts for 1-2 hours, other times 2-3 minutes; same websites.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Post DMESG EE!

Hello,
I tried to write a file with command:
dmesg > ermine.txt.

Now I attach this file for comparing with other your results if you want.
However, in linux (i.e.: ubuntu) command hibernate in its configuration's parameters has an own setting time, so it's presumable that after closing lid it is automatically activated.
Some EE can wake up, other no.
BOH
Attached Files
File Type: txt DMESG-EE(ermine).txt (16.0 KB, 265 views)
Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erminio Mostacci View Post
Hello, I tried to write a file with command: dmesg > ermine.txt.
Where did you run this command from?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

You can open:
dev tools, then Terminal Emulator [it's a reduced bash linux terminal].
$ su [to obtain root access] ---> ENTER
# cd usb0 [or usb1, for writing on a writable memory]
Then you can write dmesg > ermine.txt to obtain list of information about HW & kernel operative info.

They're all unix & linux (obviously) command.
My great problem is that the set of unix command is poor, not complete.
So I haven't command like man, lspci, lsusb, hibernate, log files for control, etc.

These facts blocks my investigations, because I'm not a unix's guru...
I hope that someone in the forum, is more expert than me and so maybe we can find where are settings of hibernation command...
:ò)
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
dlw
dlw began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Pocket eDGe, Nexus (2012), and now an iPad Air (3)
somewhat off topic . . .

Quote:
Erminio Mostacci
You can open:
dev tools, then Terminal Emulator [it's a reduced bash linux terminal].
$ su [to obtain root access] ---> ENTER
# cd usb0 [or usb1, for writing on a writable memory]
What did you use to type "usb0"? I've not found an android keyboard that will send numbers to the terminal on my PE. A USB keyboard will, but that's inconvenient ...

Quote:
My great problem is that the set of unix command is poor, not complete.
So I haven't command like man, lspci, lsusb, hibernate, log files for control, etc.
The basis for this problem is that most of the linux commands on the eDGe are linked through toolbox. While that's useful, busybox is better. If you used z4root to prepare for root access, then it is automatically installed for you when you root your eDGe. Try it: compare the output of ls -al (which uses toolbox) and /bin/busybox ls -al. Busybox's command listing is here.

Thanks for starting this poll.
dlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Ser: BF30144100117

Ver. 1.6
build Dingo 1.13

No sleep problems HOWEVER I have a pandigital Novel that product wide had sleep problems which normally were kind of solved by using a task killer before putting it to sleep and killing everything.

slatedroid.com has lots of discussion on it if you think it might help. I related to the system thinking it was a phone and it would wake up to call home or wherever. Updates etc would trigger it.

We have two and the task killer works except maybe once a month one of them will show its bad manners and come on.

I have been using the task killer on the Edge out of habit.

Edit: Now running 2.2

Last edited by exscentric; 07-10-2011 at 01:46 PM.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #12
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlw View Post
What did you use to type "usb0"? I've not found an android keyboard that will send numbers to the terminal on my PE. A USB keyboard will, but that's inconvenient ...

The basis for this problem is that most of the linux commands on the eDGe are linked through toolbox. While that's useful, busybox is better. If you used z4root to prepare for root access, then it is automatically installed for you when you root your eDGe. Try it: compare the output of ls -al (which uses toolbox) and /bin/busybox ls -al. Busybox's command listing is here.

Thanks for starting this poll.
I use a little and functional Bluetooth Keyboard for writing all lines command on terminal. My only problem, that I hope to resolve soon, is to write >, then when I must write it I disconnect Bluetooth Keyboard and I use android on screen keyboard.
If you need other information, you can easily find one thread of mine for using Bluetooth Keyboard with an great help of CheyenneDonna that give me possibility to use via a good utility for writing with Bluetooth Keyboard.
For using that keyboard I permanently rooted with z4root and so I can try to use busybox, so we can investigate how EE is configured (I HOPE!)
Maybe do you know where are registered log files in EE?
Under /var I couldn't find anything.
If you wish, we can exchange our know how to find some solutions, or however for knowing better EE.
Thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erminio Mostacci View Post
I use a little and functional Bluetooth Keyboard for writing all lines command on terminal. My only problem, that I hope to resolve soon, is to write >, then when I must write it I disconnect Bluetooth Keyboard and I use android on screen keyboard.
try alt-b and alt-n for the <> symbols, it works for me on a usb keyboard
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
Turtlehead
Enthusiast
Turtlehead began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Woot 6-29-2011

PE part # 100-9500011-BLK
SN BF30145100E25

Running 2.2
Works great, does what I want it to do for now.
No "after" installed apps.
Turtlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
Pocket Edge Black
Serial #BF3014410129B

Terminal WSOD - getting ready to return to Woot
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hibernation, other data, s.n., statistic