Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
tonyt
Enthusiast
tonyt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question NEWBIE IN A RIGHT MUDDLE - HELP!

Hi - NEWBIE IN DISTRESS!
I have a 505 and use a Mac 10.5.8 Today I downloaded my first ebook, Dan Brownes latest from Waterstones.
During the process I was asked to download Adobe Digital Editions which I did. I am not sure I registered it properly or if I even can on a Mac. However I got a link in an email from waterstones for the book, downloaded it and can now read it in ADEd.
What I can't seem to do is get it onto my 505 and have got myself in a right muddle! I do not have the Sony Library thingy installed as I have read it causes problems / locks up / etc., I have been using Calibre. Maybe I do need the Sony Library app. If I do, where can I get it and is it free? Would I need to keep ADEd. on my machine?
Sorry for all the questions but I have been going round in circles and searching the forums makes me even more confused.
I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH A BIT OF PATIENCE TO TRY AND HELP ME OUT, PLEASE??
Many thanks
Tony
tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You need to install the Sony eBook Library software. You can download it from here:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

If you've not already done so, authorise your Mac with ADE. After you've installed the Sony software, ADE should then detect that a mobile device is connected (ie the Sony), and ask you if you want to authorise that, too. Once you've done that, use ADE to copy the book to your Sony.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
tonyt
Enthusiast
tonyt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Many thanks Harry - all sorted and reading happily!
tonyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Good!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote