Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
MildBill
Enthusiast
MildBill doesn't litterMildBill doesn't litter

Device: Probably the Nook
Simple question - hopefully!

OK, I'll admit to being a bit of an idiot!

What I would like to know is how to add a custom column showing the nimber used in parenthesis after the name of the book in the folder name. I believe this is the db_id, from what I have been able to figure out so far, but I am at a loss after several tries to get it to display.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

MildBill
MildBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Create a "Column built from other columns" with this formula:
Code:
{id}
Though the obvious question is why? This is an internal id. The only use I can think of it is for debugging plugins...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
MildBill
Enthusiast

Quote:
Though the obvious question is why? This is an internal id. The only use I can think of it is for debugging plugins...

Well, actually, I have created a separate library that has several duplicate book titles (all one format), I am looking through them to decide which to delete, and if they are otherwise the same (and many are) I will delete the one added last, I.E. the one with the higher ID. Having it displayed is simpler.

MildBill
Old 05-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, though why not use the date column?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
MildBill
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Ok, though why not use the date column?
Most of them (over 1100) were added on the same date, in one operation.

MildBill

PS Thanks, your code worked perfectly.
PPS All a part of trying to get my various e-books together in one system, next thing to figure out is how to merge the two librarys once I have weeded these, and then again eliminate duplicates.

Last edited by MildBill; 05-04-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
kiwidude

Date is a timestamp field, so even though you are not seeing the hour/minute/seconds they are still present in the data and will be applied when you sort. But whatever works for you

Are you using the Find Duplicates plugin out of curiosity? As for merging the libraries, you can use the Copy to Library function, and you might want to investigate the automerge options having it applied or not as you may prefer.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
MildBill
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Are you using the Find Duplicates plugin out of curiosity? As for merging the libraries, you can use the Copy to Library function, and you might want to investigate the automerge options having it applied or not as you may prefer.
No, actually, I am not... -> But I will download it and give it a try!

MildBill

I have downloaded and installed the plugin (using the excellent 'Plugin Updater' plugin!), and, so far, it works great! Thanks! Very fast, too!

Last edited by MildBill; 05-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.