Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
How much is your webpage worth?

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/

Mine goes for $16! lol

Last edited by ProDigit; 10-22-2008 at 09:19 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
This is interesting. I wonder how it tracks the ad revenue? I have a friend who runs a start up, and I'm pretty sure this site underestimates what he's making with Google ads by quite a bit.
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
What it is doing is getting the average page views per day and then applying a CPM formula to get an ad revenue per day number and then a multiplier from an "S Curve" to arrive at the site value. Very mechanical.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem with this method is that it looks at a web page only as an advertising vehicle for ads sold -- it will price even web pages that do not host ads. Many web pages are there as an introduction to the businesses that behind the pages and are far more valuable to their owners than whatever the value placed on them as an ad sales vehicle would indicate. My own web page is a classic example of type.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
The problem with this method is that it looks at a web page only as an advertising vehicle for ads sold -- it will price even web pages that do not host ads.
Yes, it is giving me a "daily ads revenue" for a website I host for a non-profit professional organization that has no ads at all.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah,at least for me it's honest. I typed my discontinued space of my previous provider(that somehow still seems to be online,despite it being cancelled 6 months ago), and it gave me $16.
I'd gladly sell it for $16 ^_^
The only visitors is Google indexing service or so! lol
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
yeah,at least for me it's honest. I typed my discontinued space of my previous provider(that somehow still seems to be online,despite it being cancelled 6 months ago), and it gave me $16.
I'd gladly sell it for $16 ^_^
The only visitors is Google indexing service or so! lol
Better than I did. The valuation for my site would not even pay for the yearly fees at GoDaddy.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Better than I did. The valuation for my site would not even pay for the yearly fees at GoDaddy.
Better than I did. The valuation for my site said something like "No data available", which I'm guessing means "Huh? What kind of website is that? That's just stupid. You're stupid. Nobody cares. Nobody likes you. You're smelly; have you been eating Surströmming? I rang everyone in the world, and asked them what they thought of you, and they all said "Nope, never heard of him", except for that one guy who says you owe him money. Stop wasting our website's bandwidth with your pathetic website query. We're sending 'round some goons to beat you up. Please don't scream too much, as one of them has a migraine at the moment. Also, you suck".

Maybe I'm reading too much into it though. It's ironic, because I've got a migraine at the moment. [DING-DONG!] Hold on a moment, there's someone at the door [sounds of much scuffling and muffled screams, then silence...]
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 AM   #9
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
$519300.1 USD

The .1 did it.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:45 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What a fun site . It reckons that my site's worth $3752.2.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
... and MR's worth a whopping $95717.6.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, for grins, try entering google.com.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Mine came up around US$7,000.00. But I don't run any ads. The site is essentially an online resume and portfolio, and forum for discussion on a niche technical topic. The entire purpose was to show potential customers "hey, I'm an expert in this field". It works. So for me, the value is much, much higher than seven thousand, even though the ad revenue is exactly zero.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think it is a random number generator. This on a 10 yr old defunct "just trying this to see if I can make it work" site of mine: $309330.2 USD

Which is now available to you at 70% off. First come, first served.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #15
ProDigit
Karmaniac

It depends on how many visitors you get I guess...
Google's got a quite nice score.
Microsoft.com also...

It is wrong about the ads though,MS only has their own ads.

I also noticed,when putting eg: user.skynet.be/ABCDEF (where ABCDEF stands for your own website) it would put a price on user.skynet.be, not on the last entrance.

Last edited by ProDigit; 10-23-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Tags
money, webpage, worth