Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #31
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I'm not sure if this is a deal or just the new price but Amazon US has "The First Law Trilogy" by Joe Abercrombie for $9.99.

Considering you can buy the first book alone for $8.54, this is a pretty good deal for all 3. I haven't read them yet but just jumped on this price as I have heard good things about the series.

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Tril..._6809432011_60
Old 09-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I'm not sure if this is a deal or just the new price but Amazon US has "The First Law Trilogy" by Joe Abercrombie for $9.99.

Considering you can buy the first book alone for $8.54, this is a pretty good deal for all 3. I haven't read them yet but just jumped on this price as I have heard good things about the series.

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Tril..._6809432011_60
It's also available at kobo, and (in the UK, and probably elsewhere) is couponable with the 50% off Sept50 coupon. (That's a multi-use valid until the end of September.)

That would make it just £3.24 for me, but I don't know anything about this series, and I've already bought a lot of stuff this month...
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #33
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's also available at kobo, and (in the UK, and probably elsewhere) is couponable with the 50% off Sept50 coupon. (That's a multi-use valid until the end of September.)

That would make it just £3.24 for me, but I don't know anything about this series, and I've already bought a lot of stuff this month...
It's gritty medieval fantasy in the vein of A song of Ice and Fire but apparently less convoluted....and finished

I've had this and Pat Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles on my radar for a while.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #34
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Got it from Amazon, thanks mewmartigan.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #35
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's gritty medieval fantasy in the vein of A song of Ice and Fire but apparently less convoluted....and finished
I think I shall have to resist this time.
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
It's sad that "finished" has become something of an endorsement for a fantasy series. Anyone else get burned on Melanie Rawn's Exiles series, which still doesn't have a concluding book after about 15 years? I guess I'll just be happy that the Wheel of Time series finally finished.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #37
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yep, couponable in the US Kobo store too.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
It's sad that "finished" has become something of an endorsement for a fantasy series. Anyone else get burned on Melanie Rawn's Exiles series, which still doesn't have a concluding book after about 15 years? I guess I'll just be happy that the Wheel of Time series finally finished.
I'm still waiting for David Gerrold to finish the War against the Chtorr (SF) series. The first book was written in 1983, the 4th book was published in 1993, including a teaser for the 5th book which placed the protagonist and his girlfriend in imminent mortal danger. Gerrold has said that he's written the final chapters of the 7th (and final) book in the series, but has yet to finish book 5.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #39
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Alastair Reynolds' Blue Remembered Earth is £1.49 on the UK kindle store, which seems an excellent bargain.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remembered-E...dp/B006X8GFBQ/

Just checked Kobo, and it's the same price there. Presumably the same promo as the Charlaine Harris, above?
Well that is finally a decent price. Although still 12.01 in Australia.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #40
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I'm still waiting for David Gerrold to finish the War against the Chtorr (SF) series. The first book was written in 1983, the 4th book was published in 1993, including a teaser for the 5th book which placed the protagonist and his girlfriend in imminent mortal danger. Gerrold has said that he's written the final chapters of the 7th (and final) book in the series, but has yet to finish book 5.
I gave up waiting on the series to finish after book three. If he does finish it I will pick up the others and start from the beginning.
Apache
Old 09-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch is $0.99 in the US Sony store.
Now also $0.99 at B&N and Amazon (Audible version $3.99 with Kindle version).
Old 09-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #42
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
This Steampunk novel looks like an always-has-been-free teaser but since I just discovered it (thanks to Goodreads) I thought I'd pass it on:

Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1)
by Shelley Adina

Quote:
London, 1889. Victoria is Queen. Charles Darwin’s son is Prime Minister. And steam is the power that runs the world.

At 17, Claire Trevelyan, daughter of Viscount St. Ives, was expected to do nothing more than pour an elegant cup of tea, sew a fine seam, and catch a rich husband. Unfortunately, Claire’s talents lie not in the ballroom, but in the chemistry lab, where things have a regrettable habit of blowing up. When her father gambles the estate on the combustion engine and loses, Claire finds herself down and out on the mean streets of London. But being a young woman of resources and intellect, she turns fortune on its head. It’s not long before a new leader rises in the underworld, known only as the Lady of Devices . . .

When she meets Andrew Malvern, a member of the Royal Society of Engineers, she realizes her talents may encompass more than the invention of explosive devices. They may help her realize her dreams and his . . . if they can both stay alive long enough to see that sometimes the closest friendships can trigger the greatest betrayals . . .
Free at: Kobo, Amazon US, and probably others.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #43
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Now also $0.99 at B&N and Amazon (Audible version $3.99 with Kindle version).
Does anyone know of a place where you can get the ebook without having to provide a credit card but where you can use PayPal? I don't have a credit card (or rather, I don't want to use it for stuff like that) and my usual go-to places like Kobo etc. haven't matched the price and are still at $7.99. Boo!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #44
Brendan Moody
Groupie
Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD 8.9 4G LTE, LG Ultimate 2
Today's U.S. Kindle Daily deal for SFF is five books in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series for $1.99 each. Three of the five are Whispersync ready, allowing you to add the Audible audio for an additional $1.99 each.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #45
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Moody View Post
Today's U.S. Kindle Daily deal for SFF is five books in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series for $1.99 each. Three of the five are Whispersync ready, allowing you to add the Audible audio for an additional $1.99 each.

If I hadn't already got them, that would have tempted me into temporarily 'moving' to the US.
Closed Thread