Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
International Speculative Fiction magazine

this was just recommended by one of the writers in a writers group I belong to.

Looks interesting. First issue, Free PDF download:

http://internationalsf.wordpress.com...free-download/

(it didn't seem to want to open in my Firefox browser, but I downloaded it and it opens in Adobe Reader just fine)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks. Shame about the format. Someone should tell them about ePub or Mobi .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Roberto Mendes
Roberto Mendes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Harry and kennyc,

First of all, thanks a lot for taking an interest on ISF

My name is Roberto Mendes and I'm ISF founder and Editor In Chief.

Epub version will be available in two weeks. We had scheduled to publish our debut number as a pdf. version with lots of design in its pages with a epub. "clean" version to follow. Also, we will publish our first free anthology of fiction with the following table of contets in epub. and pdf. :

Aliette de Bodard
“Butterfly, Falling at Dawn”

Attila Sümegi
“Dad Bought a Teleport Device”

Judit Lörinczy
“The Colors of Creation”

Lavie Tidhar
“Aliens”

Liviu Radu
“Digits are Cold, Numbers are Warm”

Regina Catarino
“Space Oddity”

By the way, what do you think of the magazine design?

And also, may I know who was the writer that recommended ISF?

Best from Portugal,

Roberto Mendes
Roberto Mendes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Non-anglophone authors who write Spec-Fic in English is an interesting focus for a magazine, but.... hey! I'm game. Always appreciate another source for genre shorts.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-05-2012 at 05:13 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks. Shame about the format. Someone should tell them about ePub or Mobi .
Agreed.
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Mendes View Post
Hi Harry and kennyc,

First of all, thanks a lot for taking an interest on ISF

My name is Roberto Mendes and I'm ISF founder and Editor In Chief.

Epub version will be available in two weeks. We had scheduled to publish our debut number as a pdf. version with lots of design in its pages with a epub. "clean" version to follow. Also, we will publish our first free anthology of fiction with the following table of contets in epub. and pdf. :

Aliette ....

And also, may I know who was the writer that recommended ISF?

Best from Portugal,

Roberto Mendes

Cool! Good to see you here. I think it looks great in pdf, but yes I'd prefer epub or mobi myself.

I heard from my writer's group friend Rudy G.

Thanks for popping in.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
charlesatan
Addict
charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You can also read it on the web

But Roberto's a hard worker and hopefully he'll have the magazine in a convenient format for you peeps.
charlesatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I'm not really a short story kind of guy, so unless something is particularly enticing I tend to pass it by. Usually, when I've checked out similar projects in the past, I've been turned off by amateurish layouts and shoddy formatting, resembling church or village newsletters produced by the vicar's wife on her ancient PC and dot-matrix printer.

This looks really good though, so I've bookmarked it and will certainly to give it a shot once .epub versions are available. If those turn out as competent as this .pdf version, I can absolutely see myself becoming a regular reader.

Good work and an excellent start. Now for the difficult second album.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
... Now for the difficult second album.
That's always the one, eh!