Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #31
Sassapphras
A Jane of All Trades
Sassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Touch
This is what Amazon CS sent me:

Quote:
1. Download the following update file and save it to your computer:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...ndle_5.0.0_dat...

2. Connect your Kindle Touch to your computer with the USB cable, and then click and drag the file from your computer to the Kindle Touch drive.

3. On your Kindle Touch, tap "Menu" on the Home screen and then tap "Settings." Tap "Menu" again and then tap "Update Your Kindle." If you can't choose this option, try to move the file to your Kindle Touch again.

4. Tap "OK." Your Kindle will restart twice during the update. Following the second restart, your software version will not change, but the update should resolve issues with Text to Speech.
I don't know exactly what this patch does. CS never specified and I am unable to download it. Hopefully this will help those in the US, though.

If anyone uses this (for Text-to-Speech or otherwise) please post your results for others to see.

Last edited by Sassapphras; 12-21-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #32
shaunloy
shaunloy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
TTS SOLUTION

Download it at

(link deleted by moderator)

Copy it back to your kindle and it would work perfectly fine

Thanks to beren23 and shinew

Last edited by HarryT; 12-27-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
As is VERY clearly stated earlier in this thread, you must not post links to copyrighted material without the copyright holder's permission. Deliberately ignoring what moderators tell you is not the road to a long and happy future at MobileRead. This is your first and final warning on the subject.

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #34
actorman46
actorman46 began at the beginning.

Hey, I just deleted my TTS on accident as well. I did PM a couple of people on this thread, but just in case, does anyone mind sending me the files?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #35
Sassapphras
A Jane of All Trades
Sassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by actorman46 View Post
Hey, I just deleted my TTS on accident as well. I did PM a couple of people on this thread, but just in case, does anyone mind sending me the files?
Check PM.
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #36
kittipong500
kittipong500 began at the beginning.

Please Help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassapphras View Post
Check PM.
I'm have the same problem. Can you sent tts folder link to me?

Thank you.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #37
kittipong500
kittipong500 began at the beginning.

Thank you ixtab

ixtab's file is amazing. My problem was solved. Thank again ixtab ^_^
Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #38
JoiedeVivre
JoiedeVivre began at the beginning.

Help

Can someone send me the tts file as well? I have the exact same problem. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
jebus
jebus began at the beginning.

Sorry to revive this thread but I was worried I'd have to return my kindle after discovering the exact same problem.

Could anyone PM me the folder to download the TTS materials? I WOULD BE SO RIDICULOUSLY GRATEFUL!

Thanks a ton x
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #40
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Done.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #41
fferl
fferl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Please I feel ashamed but I've got the same problem. Can anyone send me a PM too with the tts file? Thank you good hearts!!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #42
fferl
fferl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Thank you for you PM, Sassapphras.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
jebus
jebus began at the beginning.

thank you so much Sassapphras and ixtab, massively appreciated. if anyone else wants it let me know and i'll try and further the good karma
Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #44
Jatt
Jatt began at the beginning.

tts not working on kindle touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
I knew this would happen to somebody. Yes, on the touch the tts files are stored on the USB drive. No, you cannot get it back if you delete it. Factory reset or not. You should call amazon up and see if they can email you the files.
hi all...... i also accidentally deleted my kindle touch tts folder...please send me the tts folder.......many thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
Jatt
Jatt began at the beginning.

Kindle touch tts problem resolved......thanks 2 ixtab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
hi all...... i also accidentally deleted my kindle touch tts folder...please send me the tts folder.......many thanks
@ixtab My kindle touch tts problem has been resolved.....thanks a ton......others please ignore my pm for the same cause
Closed Thread