Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
invert search for custom fields (GUI)

If would like Calibre to display all records with a custom field different from a given resulst, i.e. a Boolean NOT.

I have
Code:
#my_field:"=foo"
working as expected. How would I search for fields other than foo? For a single letter a regular expression might work, something like
PHP Code:
#my_field:"~[^X]" 
but for a string?

Is there an easy way to tell Calibre to display #my_field except if it contains "foo"?
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
not #my_field:"=foo"
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
If would like Calibre to display all records with a custom field different from a given resulst, i.e. a Boolean NOT.

I have
Code:
#my_field:"=foo"
working as expected. How would I search for fields other than foo? For a single letter a regular expression might work, something like
PHP Code:
#my_field:"~[^X]" 
but for a string?

Is there an easy way to tell Calibre to display #my_field except if it contains "foo"?
have you tried putting a "not" in front of your (string) search term?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
I did, it was the first thing I tried, and I could've sworn it didn't work. Now it looks as though it actually does. Thank you, I guess foolish is as foolish does...

Last edited by rogue_librarian; 07-25-2011 at 12:49 PM.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
I did, it was the first thing I tried, and I could've sworn it didn't work. Not it looks as though it actually does. Thank you, I guess foolish is as foolish does...
Use the Tag Browser to help construct query code (custom fields are there)
choose match any or match all at the bottom of the list area
1 click (Green Plus) include
2 click (Red minus) Not
hold ctrl key down to allow additional terms.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert