Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Question PRC files on PB360?

Has anyone tried prc files on the pocketbook and are they a good format please?

I ask because I loathe reading PDF files on the PB - even though the adobe software does a reasonable job with them. I find them very slow with the page turning and you can't choose your own font etc.

I've had good success converting my PDF files to prc format with I think it is called mobipocket creator - these look great in the kindle for pc software anyway.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I think the PB does rather well if Mobipocket: the formatting is good, the illustrations and TOC work. I have an issue with book covers sometimes not being visible from the file browser, but that's rather minor.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Thank you, luqmaninbmore

I just tested it with one .prc file I had converted using Mobipocket Creator and it does exactly what I want - ie opens up in FBReader so I can read with my usual font settings, page turns are speedy (very speedy in comparison with the original .pdf file) and it recognises the table of contents.

Brilliant - and being a .prc file it should also work with our new Kindle which means everything's pretty much in synch

Now I need to convert the rest of those horrid .pdf files!
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote