Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #181
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
For the fun of it, try installing this; copy the tgz file to the .Kobo directory.

Unable to add WiFi Network and solution

Also what info. can you share with us....
F/W level; Router brand; WiFi setup on the Router including what special characters if any are in use within the password.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #182
samyin999
samyin999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The firmware version of my Kobo has been updated to the latest (3.8.0) manually, our router is a TP-Link brand (TD-W8980), and is a WPA2-PSK Personal and the password is numbers only. I have also tried setting up a lower level, old router with an Open security specifically in attempt to connect without any success. It cannot even detect our neighbours routers, in which we have couple of.
samyin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:16 AM   #183
samyin999

And also, I've tried the bit of code you wrote, it didn't work ... But thanks for trying Peter.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #184
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyin999 View Post
and is a WPA2-PSK Personal
What encryption setting are you using?
Quote:
Auto, TKIP or AES as Encryption
I'd suggest AES
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:26 AM   #185
samyin999

Yeah it's an AES. We also tried an Open encryption setting but that did not work either.