Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #31
FSD08
FSD08 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Kindle
Calibration target on reader??

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Glad everything worked out OK. You still have a few things to do to make the Pocket Edge fully useable like enable Digital Rights Management (so you can read protected e-books), calibrate the reader screen etc. Take a look at my Resource Sticky.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878

Also, browse the forum because there is so much information out there about the Edge. My Resource Sticky only scratches the surface and is information I hope will be helpful for new owners so they can quickly get the most out of their device without doing a lot of searching. Again, happy everything turned out OK. Now go have some fun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The PE I set up for our daughter is up and running Ermine 0.9 without a problem as far as I can see. I am now setting up the other PE and have updated to Ermine 0.9 from Dingo 1.6, I thought without a problem, until the calibration target appeared on the reader - this was after the system had been up only about a minute or two - long enough to turn off automatic updates. This would not go away until I pressed the "switch documents" button a few times. I then tried to calibrate the display from the settings menu and no luck. I also tried to open a book, with no luck. My next step was to down grade to Dingo 1.6 which worked flawlessly - as far as I could tell. The reader worked, the display worked, etc. I then upgraded to Ermine 0.9 - again and the same thing happened. My next thought was to install the user modded update, but I thought I would place this post prior to that, as I don't want to turn the PE into a brick. I forgot to mention that in neither of the Ermine installations was I able to calibrate the touch screen. Any suggestions you might have will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by FSD08; 11-12-2011 at 03:43 PM.
FSD08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #32
FSD08
FSD08 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSD08 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The PE I set up for our daughter is up and running Ermine 0.9 without a problem as far as I can see. I am now setting up the other PE and have updated to Ermine 0.9 from Dingo 1.6, I thought without a problem, until the calibration target appeared on the reader - this was after the system had been up only about a minute or two - long enough to turn off automatic updates. This would not go away until I pressed the "switch documents" button a few times. I then tried to calibrate the display from the settings menu and no luck. I also tried to open a book, with no luck. My next step was to down grade to Dingo 1.6 which worked flawlessly - as far as I could tell. The reader worked, the display worked, etc. I then upgraded to Ermine 0.9 - again and the same thing happened. My next thought was to install the user modded update, but I thought I would place this post prior to that, as I don't want to turn the PE into a brick. I forgot to mention that in neither of the Ermine installations was I able to calibrate the touch screen. Any suggestions you might have will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance
I solved dthe problem, I saw in another search that the stylus for the PE is not an ordinary stylus. Using the PE stylus everything worked and now both screens are calibrated on each of the PEs ZI set up. The only problem left is that the one our daughter did not want she has decided to keep vs a iTouch with 8GB for $189 - a good choice. So I ran out and got a 7" Kryos by COBY for $90. While it works the PE is BY Far a better unit. Thanks dfor all of your help. In the meantime, I'm looking for a reasonably priced PE.
FSD08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #33
rnk
rnk began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
hello, i am need help o_o

I want upgrade my PE for Ermine, but I dont obtaining to make the update, I to follow all the steps, but I did not understand what it gave wrong.

I do not know what he gave wrong I arrived until entering in safe mode in some attempts o.O

it forgives my errors of English =P
i'dont speaking very well o_o

Last edited by rnk; 11-18-2011 at 01:28 AM.
rnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #34
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, rnk!

What is your PE doing? What does the LCD screen show?

(Do you know about sliding the lock icon to the right to unlock the screen in Ermine?)

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #35
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
FSD08, did you see the post by Fuego (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157507) with a PE for sale?

Glad you got yours working!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #36
rnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Welcome, rnk!

What is your PE doing? What does the LCD screen show?

(Do you know about sliding the lock icon to the right to unlock the screen in Ermine?)

Good luck!

it does not enter in the screen of update =/

I already have ermine in sd, I hold the button menu + rotate for right -> LCD side of device, and press power with other hand ... o_o

I waiting, and the next screen have it has written ( WELCOME to your pocket eDGe ) and dont upgrade

I already also tried to pressure in the four points of the screen to jump the register and I restart the PE and I try again, but when I make this it goes direct for initial screen and also it does not appear the screen of update.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #37
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
suggest serial route see my post. you may have bad blocks.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #38
rnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
suggest serial route see my post. you may have bad blocks.
bad blocks ?

I bought recently and still he is in the guarantee, sera that the assistance adjusts? I am new in the subject, I am learning still.

but it only this not making update, this functioning normally o.O
Old 11-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #39
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnk View Post
bad blocks ?

I bought recently and still he is in the guarantee, sera that the assistance adjusts? I am new in the subject, I am learning still.

but it only this not making update, this functioning normally o.O

Try going to my Resource Sticky and download another copy of the Update along with the Official Instructions from Entourage which are included at the bottom of the post in PDF format.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #40
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
or just use Pablob rc3 file which contains the latest update inc. working market.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
williampryor
williampryor began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
We are having a problem getting the pocket edge to go to the update screen you are talking about. Any idea how to make it work.. We held the buttons for more then 2 mins and nothing is coming up.
williampryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #42
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Have you checked the usual problems?

Checked that you have named the update to update.zip and not update.zip.zip.
If you are using the allmine update, have you extracted the actual update.zip from the zip archive?
Have you tried to use another USB stick?
And so on.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote