Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you buy post-war photocollection book on Kindle?
Yes, I will, not minding that it will be black and white 1 50.00%
No, I prefer to buy ''print on demand'' in colours 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Heroking
Heroking began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Can I self-publish my Photocollection book on Kindle?

Dear all,

I have a collection of travel photographs (mostly post-war images from some countries) which is now at a book idea stage. I would like to find out if I can self-publish the materials on Kindle, bearing in mind that the images are mostly coloured while the Kinlde presently does not display colours.

Please let me have your candid view on this.
Heroking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You obviously technically can do, but whether anyone would buy it is a different question. eInk devices are hardly ideal for photographic books.

Have you considered "print on demand" paper printing instead, via Amazon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Heroking

Harry T,

thanks for the suggestion. Print on demand is also one of the options I'm considering for getting the book accross to a larger audience.

Happy-Terd,

Thanks for the welcome message.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Heoking, I printed my photo book (Hermès LookBook One) with Lulu.com
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. I would not buy a photo book for a eBook Reader - I think they are loosing to much. Any of the photo books I buy always in hardcover. But then I am interested in the subject as much as in the techniques
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #7
Heroking

Dear ImogenRose & Kattie's Cat,

Thanks for the insights.

These contributions are broadening my views. I will explore those options. The concern may be that as an aspiring author based in Africa, will lulu.com be willing to process the materials?