Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
eBook Library Blocked by Visual Studio

When I try to transfer a book from my library to my reader, a window opens with the following incomprehensible message:

"An unhandled Win32 exception occurred in eBook Library.exe[3436]. Just in time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has just in time debugging enabled. In visual studio Just In Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Just-In-Time."

When I click OK, the eBook Library shuts down. When this first started, I removed Microsoft Visual studio but that hasn't helped.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just discovered that this only happens when i try to move a book in ADE that I borrowed from the library. i can move a regular Sony lrf book over to the reader without a problem. it's just this ADE book. Will test and see if other ADE books give me the same problem.

And it happened with another ADE that I downloaded from the library. Not sure what to try next. Suppose I could re-download the Sony eBook software.

Would appreciate any advice

Last edited by MickeyC; 06-26-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
cassidym--

Have you tried loading your ADE books to your reader directly from Adobe Digital Editions?

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
cassidym--

Have you tried loading your ADE books to your reader directly from Adobe Digital Editions?

dordale
How do you do that?

Sorry for being such a non-geek
Old 06-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Hey dordale, get a load of this. I tried dragging the file from ADE to PRS 505 in ADE and it didn't work Tried it several times but couldn't get the file to show in my reader. So, in exasperation, I tried it the conventional way that has continuously failed and, this time it worked! Go figure.
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
cassidym--

Glad you got it working! Sometimes there's no explaining why computers do what they do!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 AM   #7
Mamarouska
Mamarouska doesn't litterMamarouska doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I just received this error after downloading a couple books from the local Library: Visual Studio Just-in-time Debugger: an unhandled win32 execption occorred in the eBook Library.exe [7844]. Just-in-time debuggin this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-in-time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-in-time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

I have searched the internet - all sorts of "possible" solutions - all refering to "Visual Studio" for the most part but I do not have Visual Studio installed - how do I get the books removed so I can access my Ebook Library again?

This is a serious pain in the buttocks
Mamarouska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try adding EBL to the DEP exclusion list.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
Mamarouska

No idea where to look for DEP exclusion list and what is also interesting is when I unplug my reader, I can see the eBook Library with no issues, as soon as I plug my reader to sync up, the error occurs. Help!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
Mamarouska

found the DEP exclusion list - didn't help.

this all started when I had updated the eBook Library software on my PC. I have a HP with VISTA and I can open the eBook Library , add books but cannot update the reader since the error occurs as soon as the system attempts to "sync" up.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Mamarouska

I finally found a solution to my issue. The problem is the software that is installed on my computer - there is a known defect within the older software and removing/reinstalling is not clean so to clear the previous install and to install the newest release - go to:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...3504&sliceId=1

Follow the instructions carefully - it fixed my problem, and should fix anyone else with the same problem. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamarouska View Post
I finally found a solution to my issue. The problem is the software that is installed on my computer - there is a known defect within the older software and removing/reinstalling is not clean so to clear the previous install and to install the newest release - go to:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...3504&sliceId=1

Follow the instructions carefully - it fixed my problem, and should fix anyone else with the same problem. Good luck.
I tried clicking on the blue links for Vista for both problems but no solutions were shown.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
Mamarouska

Here is the first of two solutions for VISTA - remember follow the instructions clearly:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1002268

How to authorize the eBook Library software in the Data Prevention Execution feature of the Windows Vista® operating system.
Solution

1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel .
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance .
3. In the System Maintenance window, click System .
4. In the System window, under Tasks , click Advanced system settings .
5. In the User Account Control window, click the Continue button.
6. In the System Properties window, on the Advanced tab, in the Performance box, click the Settings button.
7. In the Performance Options window, click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
8. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, click the Add... button.

NOTE: If the Add... button is not selectable, Data Execution Prevention is configured for essential Windows programs only and no further changes to Data Execution Prevention are necessary.
9. In the Open window, next to Look in: , click the drop-down arrow and click to select Local Disk (C .
10. In the selection box, click to select the Program Files folder.
11. In the selection box, click to select the Sony folder.
12. In the selection box, click to select the Reader folder.
13. In the selection box, click to select eBook Library and click the Open button.
14. In the Performance Options window, click to the OK button.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #14
Mamarouska

2nd of 2 parts for VISTA to resolve the issue

here is part 2 for the VISTA operating system. Again, follow the instructions carefully:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...rnalId=C559635

The Reader software cannot be installed and it cannot be uninstalled.
Solution

In some rare instances, the background files used by the eBook Library may become corrupted and will need to be removed to resolve functionality issues. Follow these steps to remove these files.

NOTE: To complete the steps below, the operating system must be configured to display hidden files.

DISPLAY HIDDEN FILES (Instructions)
How to configure the operating system to show all files.
Solution

1. Click the Start button, and then click Computer .
2. In the Computer window, click the Organize button.
3. In the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options .
4. In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
5. On the View tab, in the Advanced Settings box, below Hidden files and folders , click to select Show hidden files and folders (for Vista) or, click to select Show hidden files, folders, and drives (Windows 7).
6. Click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types box.
7. Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files box.
8. In the Warning dialog box, click the Yes button.
9. In the Folder Options window, click the OK button.
10. Close the Computer window.

FIX the E-LIBRARY SOFTWARE Installed

1. Click the Start button and click Computer .
2. In the address bar, type C:\programdata and press Enter .
3. In the ProgramData window, right-click the kinoma folder and click Delete .
4. Right-click the Marlin folder and click Delete .
5. In the address bar, click Local Disk C: , then open the Program Files folder.
6. In the Program Files window, open the Sony folder.
7. In the Sony window, right-click the Reader folder and click Delete .
8. In the address bar, click Local Disk C: , then open the Users folder.
9. In the Users window, open your username folder.
10. In the username folder, open the AppData folder.
11. In the AppData window, open the Local folder.
12. In the Local folder, right-click the kinoma folder and click Delete .
13. In the Local window, open the Sony Corporation folder.
14. In the Sony Corporation window, right-click the eBook Library folder and click Delete .
15. Close the Reader window and install the Reader software.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for the detailed instructions Mamarouska. Those links to SOny eSupport worked.

Ken
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote