Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
It's Friday!

It's friday and it's summer! Whatsup? Tomorrow morn I'll head to the farmer's market for home-grown tomatoes (no salmonella, please). Then I'll update my BookDesigner for em-dashes (finally), look for a cool book to convert and post (any requests?), and finish reading Jeanne D'Arc while I wait for it to rain (fingers crossed). Ewe?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	honey04ewe.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	13478  

Last edited by vivaldirules; 06-13-2008 at 11:58 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Theoretically it's summer, I'm still waiting on the definitive proof weather-wise.

I R out drinking tonight, out shopping tomorrow morning and drinking tomorrow afternoon, Father's day dinner Saturday night for partner's dad (which will invariably involve more drinking), driving lesson on Sunday morning and then lots of sleeping (and possibly some cleaning, if I can be bothered) on Sunday afternoon.

There will also be a long, bubbly bath at some point since the rather large, rather lovely gift box finally arrived from Lush (the first one got lost in the post, but they're very lovely people at Lush and they sent out a new one to me right away).

Happy Friday folks!!!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm on call this weekend and, therefore, life is pretty much the same. I'm going to go over and sit next to the robot, now.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's supposed to be hot and thunderstormy all weekend. It's a grand outdoor sauna! Except for the trip out to the piney woods to visit Dad-in-law on Sunday, the rest of the weekend will be devoted to staying cool and dry, while eating junk food and reading.

I'm going shopping at Fictionwise now to load up on weekend diversions. They have some sort of sale going where everything in your wish list or cart is marked down. I hope it applies to things I put in there today.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
It's supposed to be hot and thunderstormy all weekend. It's a grand outdoor sauna! Except for the trip out to the piney woods to visit Dad-in-law on Sunday, the rest of the weekend will be devoted to staying cool and dry, while eating junk food and reading.

I'm going shopping at Fictionwise now to load up on weekend diversions. They have some sort of sale going where everything in your wish list or cart is marked down. I hope it applies to things I put in there today.
Maddly scrambles in the hope...

Edit:
Runs back quickly - nope same price...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Off to the beach tomorrow or at least the coast for a drink and dinner. Weather here, unlike Scotland, is very nice at the moment. Whiskey not as good though. Sigh
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Off to the beach tomorrow or at least the coast for a drink and dinner. Weather here, unlike Scotland, is very nice at the moment. Whiskey not as good though. Sigh
It's February here today..

We must have had a month-shift, I blame the small group who were trying to equalise the temperature between the US and France... ...they must have hit the wrong button somewhere...
Old 06-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Here we haven't had anything but hot, dry and windy for at least a month, and it doesn't look like this weekend will be any different.

I'm going to take as much pain killer as I can and in no particular order:

1. Mow the lawn;
2. Clean the house;
3. Work on some of the projects in my wordworking "shop" and
4. Catch up on some other projects (repairs and such) around the house.

Oh .... in case anyone asks .. the painkillers are for my right elbow on which the tendons are becoming separated from the bone. It hurts to do pretty much anything I enjoy. Except for reading ... doesn't hurt to read.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post

Oh .... in case anyone asks .. the painkillers are for my right elbow on which the tendons are becoming separated from the bone. It hurts to do pretty much anything I enjoy. Except for reading ... doesn't hurt to read.
That must be tender,
how did it happen and how did you get it diagnosed (says he flexing a sore elbow joint)
Old 06-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's February here today..

We must have had a month-shift, I blame the small group who were trying to equalise the temperature between the US and France... ...they must have hit the wrong button somewhere...
It was the correct button. We just had to shift some thermal energy to some sort of sink in the process. Sort of a heat of solution problem, you know. We decided that no one would notice if we shifted it to Scotland.

pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Maddly scrambles in the hope...

Edit:
Runs back quickly - nope same price...
I can't emphasize strongly enough how important it is to sign up for the newsletters. Here's what the newsletter said:

Dear (Name deleted to protect the innocent),

We discovered that many Fictionwise members use the website's "wish
list" feature, which lets you move eBooks from your Cart to a Wish
List area. So, we decided to run a "Wish List Sale" to help our
members who have been waiting for the right time to buy.

You currently have had one or more eBooks in your Fictionwise Wish
List, or are unbought in your Cart for over two weeks. We're calling
these your "Wish List eBooks" and we have discounted one or more of
them for a limited time! The eBooks and discounts are:
15% OFF: Novel Destinations: Literary Landmarks From Jane Austen's
Bath to Ernest Hemingway's Key West by Matthew Pearl
15% OFF: Magyk [Septimus Heap Book 1] by Angie Sage

These discounts are completely automatic--just purchase any of these
eBooks by June 22, 2008 to receive the lower price. Only a small
percentage of our customers are receiving this offer, and it won't be
repeated for a long time, so take advantage now!

Thank you for being a Fictionwise customer.

Happy Reading,

Scott
Fictionwise.com

To change your newsletter/email preferences at Fictionwise, follow the
link below (note: Fictionwise monthly prize drawing requires you to be
a newsletter recipient):
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?a=mv&t=mailupdate
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It was the correct button. We just had to shift some thermal energy to some sort of sink in the process. Sort of a heat of solution problem, you know. We decided that no one would notice if we shifted it to Scotland.

Why couldn't you put it over - I don't know - the antarctic, to help freeze up some of the icebergs...
Old 06-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I can't emphasize strongly enough how important it is to sign up for the newsletters. Here's what the newsletter said:

Dear (Name deleted to protect the innocent),

We discovered that many Fictionwise members use the website's "wish
list" feature, which lets you move eBooks from your Cart to a Wish
List area. So, we decided to run a "Wish List Sale" to help our
members who have been waiting for the right time to buy.

You currently have had one or more eBooks in your Fictionwise Wish
List, or are unbought in your Cart for over two weeks. We're calling
these your "Wish List eBooks" and we have discounted one or more of
them for a limited time! The eBooks and discounts are:
15% OFF: Novel Destinations: Literary Landmarks From Jane Austen's
Bath to Ernest Hemingway's Key West by Matthew Pearl
15% OFF: Magyk [Septimus Heap Book 1] by Angie Sage

These discounts are completely automatic--just purchase any of these
eBooks by June 22, 2008 to receive the lower price. Only a small
percentage of our customers are receiving this offer, and it won't be
repeated for a long time, so take advantage now!

Thank you for being a Fictionwise customer.

Happy Reading,

Scott
Fictionwise.com

To change your newsletter/email preferences at Fictionwise, follow the
link below (note: Fictionwise monthly prize drawing requires you to be
a newsletter recipient):
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?a=mv&t=mailupdate
Oh, I am signed up for them; I'm obviously not one of the small percentage...
Old 06-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
That must be tender,
how did it happen and how did you get it diagnosed (says he flexing a sore elbow joint)
Oh it hurts like all hell. It actually started with numbness and tingling in my right arm. I thought maybe I was having a stroke, but under the tingling in my elbow was this nasty dull pain.

I decided it wasn't a stroke at that point, so I purchased some splints for my wrist and arm. After wearing those a few weeks, the numbness went away, but not the pain.

So, I went to the doctor who confirmed what I suspected ... epicondylitis ... which can be lateral (tennis elbow) or medial (pitcher's elbow) or both. Lucky me, I have both.

Since I don't play tennis and don't pitch much of anything, I was at a loss to figure out what could be causing it, until one of my friends here so kindly pointed out that "it hurt [her] just to watch me walk my dogs. Jordan especially goes nuts whenever she sees a deer, squirrel, lizard, person who might maybe pet her, or just when she feels like it. At that point, she pulls so hard on the leash (and my arm) that people are amazed I can control her. Two reasons for that. First, I am fairly strong, although this has started causing some weakness in my right arm, and second, I can usually anticipate what she is about to do and brace myself for it. I have seen her quite easily pull over a 250 man all by her lonesome.

However, back before I started using the hand held short leash for better control, I just had them attached to a padded waist belt for walks. Then came the day that they decided to chase a deer, and before I could react, they had pulled me down and were merrily dragging me down the road behind them. Tore up my favorite tshirt, a good pair of jeans and most of my skin in that little adventure. When they finally stopped, I got up (with great difficulty) brushed as much of the dirt as I could and limped home for some first aid.

And yet .... I love those rotten girls.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
GeoffC

It is Friday 13th and
"Voters in Ireland have rejected the European Union's Lisbon reform treaty in a referendum by 53.4% to 46.6%.".

Tags
clouds of enlightenment