Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
alscraft
alscraft began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Difference in ebook file between Calibre and Nook

I have been using Calibre and my Nook for almost twelve months now with very few problems. But now I have an issue where I have a file that I can look at on Calibre on my laptop and it has 800+ pages and is 1.5MB in size. I have sent it to my device and it appears to be the same size but only has 400+ pages. Half the prologue is missing and it ends part way through the book. I have tried removing it and replacing it - same result. I have sent it to my storage device on the Nook - same result.

Can someone help get me out of this situation?

Cheers
Allyson
alscraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My guess would be a badly formatted epub. You might try to do an epub-to-epub conversation and see if that helps. Or open the epub in Sigil and try to find the code the reader doesn't like.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert