Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
rtmyers
rtmyers began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Creating additional folders

I'm porting an existing HTML5/CSS/JS application to ePub. The assets (stylesheets, scripts, images) are arranged in a particular folder structure and the code (url() specifications in the stylesheets, to take just one example) to some extent assumes that structure. For instance, third-party scripts are in "lib", images are in "images" (not "Images"), etc. I'd like to maintain that folder structure, but I'm stuck at trying to figure out how to do something in Sigil as simple as creating a new folder in the structure, or subfolders within those folders. Is that possible?
rtmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
No, that is not possible. Anyway, ePUB v2 does not support HTML5 and JS and Sigil is an ePUB2 editor.

The current folder names are fixed. You can you change it manually outside Sigil though. However, when you load it Sigil afterwards the folders are changed again.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmyers View Post
I'm porting an existing HTML5/CSS/JS application to ePub. The assets (stylesheets, scripts, images) are arranged in a particular folder structure and the code (url() specifications in the stylesheets, to take just one example) to some extent assumes that structure. For instance, third-party scripts are in "lib", images are in "images" (not "Images"), etc. I'd like to maintain that folder structure, but I'm stuck at trying to figure out how to do something in Sigil as simple as creating a new folder in the structure, or subfolders within those folders. Is that possible?
Windows is NOT case sensitive, so Images and images will cause all sorts of grief (Sigil or No Sigil )

Also, this structure may get mangled in conversion. Since the user is NOT usually in the containing folders, what does it matter except to the developer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote