Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
TomeRaider
Enthusiast
TomeRaider began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy, Sony PRS505, PB 302, PB 360
Saving Bookmarks and read points

Picked up a PB302 and in the throes of getting it set up. Have been using a PRS 505 until now and undecided between the two. 505 has a better form factor - smaller and clearer screen. The 302 however is faster, has touch, wifi, better buttons and a host of apps.

Anyway, on to my problem - saving bookmarks and last position on the 302. I have installed the lasted 15.2 image but I find that the bookmarks disappear after I exit from a book that has been opened from the sd card. The bookmarks are saved fine if the book is in main memory but not from sd. The guide suggests the file system may be damaged but I have run the checks on both memory and the SD card as suggested and the problem still persists. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?
TomeRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomeRaider View Post
Picked up a PB302 and in the throes of getting it set up. Have been using a PRS 505 until now and undecided between the two. 505 has a better form factor - smaller and clearer screen. The 302 however is faster, has touch, wifi, better buttons and a host of apps.

Anyway, on to my problem - saving bookmarks and last position on the 302. I have installed the lasted 15.2 image but I find that the bookmarks disappear after I exit from a book that has been opened from the sd card. The bookmarks are saved fine if the book is in main memory but not from sd. The guide suggests the file system may be damaged but I have run the checks on both memory and the SD card as suggested and the problem still persists. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?
No, not a known peoble This really moght have to do with your card. Please backup and reformat. Normally this should solve your problem.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert