Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
Dash-2
Dash-2 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Thank you to all for the GUI! No experience with python here and little understanding of command line.

My .cbz's are converting perfectly, but my .cbr's won't convert. The error I get is:
Quote:
Error on file /Users/****/comic 01.cbr:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory
Am I doing something wrong with unrar? Could I have got the wrong version of unrar? I'm on a mac. Thanks!
Dash-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #17
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
yeah, kcc can't find unrar. Try putting the executable into /usr/local/bin/unrar, it should solve...
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
Dash-2
Dash-2 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
yeah, kcc can't find unrar. Try putting the executable into /usr/local/bin/unrar, it should solve...
Exactly what I needed, THANK YOU ciromattia!
Dash-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
TheMarksman
TheMarksman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
using windows 7 x64

getting a "splitCount not defined" error with KCC 2.6

getting a epub file not found in AWKCC

THanks for the hard work guys

EDIT: happens only when "apply image optimizations" is checked...but I don't want to use it though

Last edited by TheMarksman; 03-07-2013 at 08:32 PM.
TheMarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

file via PM
Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #21
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yep. Without source data we can't debug that. Send me that file too.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #22
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another attempt to remove Personal tag:
http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu!.mobi

I would appreciate if some PW user would check if tag is still here.

EDIT:

Nope. This method dont workk too. Back to square one.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Nope. This method dont workk too. Back to square one.
may help.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #24
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Already tried messing with headers. No effect.
Field 113, 501, 504 - Nothing.
I works with normal MOBI. But have no effect with comic ones.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-08-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #25
wirel1
wirel1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Red face Panel view on Kindle 4 NT ?

Hi guys, thanks for your work it is awesome !

I am using Kcc 2.6 with my Kindle 4 Non Touch, i would like to use the panel view that lets you see first the whole comic page and then the four splitted parts in sequence. I understood that this is automatic with Kcc and a Kindle PW, is it also available for the Kindle 4 NT ? I converted a comic with KCC but i didn't get the panel view function.

Thanks for your help, and keep it up with your work !
wirel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #26
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Personally I don't have idea if K4 NT have Panel View support.
All KCC profiles include Panel View support to MOBI file.
K4 and KPW profiles have additional landscape mode support.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #27
wirel1

Thank you for the reply, Panel view support for kindle 4 NT seems a controversial subject, it is stated in the firmware updates but if i download a Walking Dead demo from amazon store with panel view support it shows panel by panel, as every single panel is tagged with an order number. Maybe us Kindle 4 NT users should get a program that simply splits the image in 4 and renames the part accordingly.

Last edited by wirel1; 03-09-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #28
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Ciromattia already thought about about this type of "fake" Panel View. But I cant say if and when It will be available.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #29
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Yes, touch kindles emulates PanelView by zooming the image, while non-touch needs a properly built epub/mobi. Details on how to build it are in the Kindle Publishing guidelines, basicly we need to split up the image and write the divs in the HTML page accordingly.
I opened a generic issue for this, will implement someday

PS: I'm a K3 owner so I'm suffering the same lack of PV functionality :|
Old 03-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #30
wirel1

Thanks, that would be a very neat addition to KCC for non touch users. Thanks for your commitment !

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools