Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #16
Sabrina99
Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by petuschki View Post
is KRANF not compatible with the newest OS version or did I do a mistake?
You did not make any mistake. It's all normal. Everything is working fine.
Read the following from more explanations.

The "underscore prefix" in front of the collection name is a request from one of the KKCM user. This user is displaying all it's book in alphabetical order and wanted the collections to appear first.

If the "underscore prefix" bothers you, you can edit the "KKCM+_cfg.txt" configuration file with notepad to change the prefix character (i.e. to change the underscore character to something else)(or you can also completely remove any prefix)(more precisely: change the parameter named "bookCollectionPrefix").

I agree with you that this is confusing: There is suddenly a "_" character that appears in front of all collection names. This is why the default setting has been now changed to "no prefix at all". This will hopefully reduce the confusion.

By the way, there are other parameters available inside the "KKCM+_cfg.txt" configuration file (this configuration file is only available inside the Plus version of KKCM). Here are the default settings:
; this is the parameter file for KKCM+
ignoreCollectionChar= :
directorySeparator= >
maxQuantityOfBackup= 5
bookCollectionPrefix=
audioCollectionPrefix= AUDIO_

Here is a brief description of each of these parameters:
* parameter "ignoreCollectionChar": all collections including a ":" won't have any "attached" directory. This is used for the "ignore specific collection" feature.
* parameter "directorySeparator": this is the character used when doing "recurse in directories" (to separate directory from sub-directories in the collection's name).
* parameter "maxQuantityOfBackup": each time you run KKCM, it creates a new "collections.json" file (that is used by the kindle to define all your collections). Instead of simply deleting directly previous versions of the "collections.json" files, KKCM makes "backup copies" (by default, there are maximum 5 backups). So that you can always "revert" the last changes.
* parameter "bookCollectionPrefix": this prefix is added to all book collections. The default value is now "" (i.e. no prefix).
* parameter "audioCollectionPrefix": this prefix is added to all audio collections. This allows to easily separates audio collections from normal "book" collections.

See you!
Sabrina

Last edited by Sabrina99; 06-22-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Sabrina99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #17
petuschki
Leseratte
petuschki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Sabrina,

thanks for your answer, I will study all possibilities.

But you did not quite get my problem:
Quote:
I agree with you that this is confusing: There is suddenly a "_" character that appears in front of all collection names.
There was not a prefix added to my existing collections, the existing collections were doubled: one with and one without the underscore, like "poetry" plus "_poetry" ;=)

Last edited by petuschki; 06-29-2012 at 01:35 AM.
petuschki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
pietro99
Connoisseur
pietro99 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Up till now I loved this collection manager. But, taking a risk I realise, I tried using it in Windows 8 and everything went haywire. Collection names appeared with missing letters. Collections appeared twice. In the end I had to factory reset and even then the weird collections remained and I had to delete them all manually.

All my own fault. Just a warning to anyone who wants to experiment.
pietro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
vachi
vachi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina99 View Post
This has been fixed in v0.06 of KKCM that you can download here:
http://www.applied-mathematics.net/tools/downloads.php
(this is the new functionality labelled "Preserve collection-display-order").
See you!
Thank you for this program. I use my kindle only for recipes, so this is hugely helpful to me.
vachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #20
caizida123
caizida123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
lol i am confused

thanks very much for telling me that ,but i still can not get the software. How can I download it please ?thank you
caizida123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #21
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
http://www.applied-mathematics.net/tools/downloads.php

It is the last entry under programs.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #22
boh_1
boh_1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
Interesting tool but does not work for me. I suspect it's because I'm running a Paperwhite with 5.2.0 firmware. I get an error when running KKCM_collections2Dir.exe that suggests the Kindle is not collected, even when it is.

Oh well, maybe in the future.
boh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection manager, kranf