Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Folders and the Nook question

I have been reading about the Nook and still have a few questions. I see that Go To page number is directly supported in the latest firmware update.

Can I, by simply installing something like softroot, view my books through my folder structure. I currently own multiple ereaders and use this folders extensively. I have all my books stored on my readers by genre / author / series / title (incl series #). I use the folder navigation far more than I use Books by author or title. Is there some way to do this with the Nook.

My main reasons for wanting folder browsing are to be able to segment my books by genre, to have a nice neat list of authors where you drill down to the books and not just view all the books sequenced by the author (does Nook have a simple list of authors natively?) and I really like to see my series split out and shown in sequence.

I was (am?) looking at the Kobo as well but it looks like the same price as the Nook Lite. No 3G is fine for me. I never download directly to any of my ereaders. I always go straight to my PC and then use Calibre to send the books to reader.

Can someone clarify for me how I would interface with my folders using softroot or something like that? Thanks...............Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
With the softrooted Nook, you can use the file browser or Trook application to browse through folders. You can also use the "my books" library browser to search for books by author, title, keywords or cover image (if there's a .jpg corresponding to the ebook filename in the same folder).
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert