Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Interesting Pocketable eBook Reader for $49-$79

Nothing special or new here, but this guy seems to have a good thing going on eBay. He is taking Dell and HP PDAs and customizing them as eBook readers that support many formats. This might be what I'm looking for. Something just for portable usage and cheap.

eBay Auction with Video Sample

My only concern is battery life. According to the auction, the battery lasts 3-6 hours when listening to music AND reading and a whole day's worth of reading if just reading. I don't mind charging it on a daily basis, although many of you won't want a device that needs to be charged a lot. You know me though, backlight is necessary for me.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
That looks like an old 3970. I have one of those and a new battery would do fine but my battery is really old now and shot. It has a 3.7" screen which is larger than most and mine was updated to 2003 firmware but it originally came with Pocket PC 2002. It makes a good eBook Reader, keep the backlight as low as you can. I would wonder how old the battery was.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Heck, I've still got an old Dell Axim x5 around here that I'd let go for $50
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote