Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 02:07 AM   #16
jbrans
jbrans began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 1
Hi there! I downloaded your app yesterday and it got to convert and send my first Epub, but it has given me an error message on all of the other books I tried to convert.
jbrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:20 PM   #17
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaroslav View Post
Note: For USA users right now.
Jaroslav, are you sure that 4.1+ includes Marshmallow 6.0.1?
At my Nexus 6 eBooker allows to enter Kindle email but after that it just does nothing. On new run it's requesting Kindle email again...

Hmm, I reopened the app and it started working.
However, I couldn't directly open any file from Download folder, everything was grayed out. OK, I tried to select the epub with Total Commander. That worked: Got reports Converted, Sent... but no way to save to phone. Ran Total Commander, failed to save.
Managed to save to Google drive. Saved as file named convert, no extension. Downloaded this file to my phone, renamed to convert.mobi, opened with AlReader.

Thank you for this app, great idea, very useful. Just needs some work. Please test it on Marshmallow and allow user to select extension: mobi or azw3. Azw3 is smaller than combined mobi (containing two file versions, old format mobi6 and new kf8).
User can copy azw3 file to Kindle via usb.

Also, converted file didn't arrive to my Kindle. Amazon demands user authorization of all email addresses sending books to Amazon, might be this is why I didn't receive it. BTW, Amazon servers accept only mobi format.

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 03-27-2016 at 11:56 PM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2016, 05:29 AM   #18
iaroslav
iaroslav doesn't litteriaroslav doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello EbokJunkie,

Thanks a lot for Your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
However, I couldn't directly open any file from Download folder, everything was grayed out.
Yes, it works like this for me too. You need to have some special file manager (I have ES File explorer) to browse Your device. Thanks for the tip with "Downloads" as far as I understand it's from the "Recent" section, correct? I will look at what can be done with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
but no way to save to phone. Ran Total Commander, failed to save.
All files that are successfully converted are automatically saved to "eBooks" folder on Your device. There is no real way to save eBooks manually. It is possible that file is not saved in the folder if there is no permission to access external storage.

Thanks again for Your feedback. It's very useful and informational for me.
iaroslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:34 AM   #19
iaroslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrans View Post
Hi there! I downloaded your app yesterday and it got to convert and send my first Epub, but it has given me an error message on all of the other books I tried to convert.
Hello jbrans,

I'm really sorry to here this

Could You please provide me some details about the eBooks You were trying to convert (format, size, language)?
Sometimes there are some unexpected problems, that are hard to find.
Will fix everything as soon as will find out what is the problem.

Thank You for information and feedback.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:20 AM   #20
iaroslav

Hello All,

I have noticed that UX of eBooker is not so straightforward as I sought. So, I have prepared a small instruction about some features and user possibilities. It is also added to the main post. Please take a look if You have some problems or something is unclear.

User guide:
1. On first launch, or from settings menu, set Your Kindle e-mail address

2. Select file that should be converted:

- If file is on device:
Press “BROWSE” button, navigate to desired folder and select appropriate file
Note: Special app, File Manager or File Explorer, is required on Your device to browse files and folders.

- If it is html page in browser:
In browser select “Share” button and select eBooker from the list of programs

- If file is on the web:
Copy link to the file (long press on link, then select “copy link location”) and paste link into eBooker (long press on field with “http://” hint)

3. Press “CONVERT” button

4. When conversion is finished press “SEND” button and select desired application to send e-mail with eBook to Your Kindle reader

5. Successfully converted eBook will be saved on device in "eBooks" folder.

Have a nice reading time
Advert
Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #21
iaroslav

New version of eBooker 1.12 is available: Play Store

Now starting from Android 4.0+

And as always: Have a nice reading time.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #22
iaroslav

Hello all!

Some time ago I have posted information about eBooker and got a great feedback from all You! Thanks a lot.
Now I have implemented a feature that was really needed in this app - possibility to send web pages to Kindle.
Would appreciate Your feedback, and hope that someone will find this app useful.

Play Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b8word.ebooker

Have a nice reading time

Tags
convert, epub azw3 docx word