Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Needshelp
Needshelp began at the beginning.

Device: TRS 1
Need help going back to stock.

Hi everyone, I've had several Android tablets and phone but it seems as though information on the TRS 1 is very fragmented across the internet. I was able to root the device and install ADW EX, Root Explorer and Dropbox on the device as well as a modified version of Sony's stock launcher. After much use I've decided I'd like to go back to the stock ROM.

Could someone guide me to the appropriate set of directions to un-mod and go back to stock? I'm posting this out of desperation because I've searched around quite a bit and I'm not quite sure what to do...
Needshelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi,

check out this: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...-7D3qNPhq7S5Zw

And of course Welcome to MR !
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
drenee
drenee began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post.

I would like to take my PRS-T1 back to original settings. I downloaded the rooting package and I am not really happy with it. I looked at the link Mark Nord posted above and that is all greek to me. I was hoping someone could point me to some very simple directions on how to get my device back to what it was when I took it out of the package.
Thank you very much.
drenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
drenee

I want to add that I've looked at the Wiki page and I do not understand anything on it.
I have the uninstall downloaded to my PC but I have no clue what to do with it.
Again, thank you.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
the restore package is applied exactly the same way as how you applied the root package...

just be sure that it fits your firmware version (1.03 or 1.04)
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
drenee

Can you tell me where to find the firmware? I'm not sure which one I have.
thank you
Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
drenee

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
the restore package is applied exactly the same way as how you applied the root package...

just be sure that it fits your firmware version (1.03 or 1.04)
It did not work to use the restore package as I applied the root package.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
simongee
T1 rooter
simongee doesn't littersimongee doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
hi drenee,
which root package did u use?
and which firmware do u have?
To find ur firmware version, look at the reader settings (not the android settings!), go to "about" and select ""Device Information". There u will find ur version number.

Now you download one of these files:
for firmware 1.03: http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...0.03.11140.zip
for firmware 1.04: http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...0.04.12210.zip

unpack it to your computer. connect the reader via usb. On the reader select "data transfer mode". The external drives should now be recognized by the computer. start "flash_reader.bat". type "y" to agree. The reader will then reboot after a while. done.
simongee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #9
drenee

My version is 1.0.00.09010.

Tried both of the versions above and I still have the download.

More suggestions please.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #10
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
You are more brave then anything else! Sorry that has to be said.

So when your version read 1.0.00.09010, so why not use Rescue Set 1.0.00.09010 (to keep everything as before) - the recovery package for the firmware version 1.0.00.09010?
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #11
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

*brave* is an understatement

if you have 1.00, you should be able to simply install sony firmware update via sony reader app on the computer or download the update from sony website...

before that, go to sony settings and format all drives / do factory initialisation.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
drenee

I think I would use the word stupid for me rather than brave.

I updated through the Sony site and have the updated 1.04 version.
Root package still there.

I then did the suggestion of a couple of posts up and tried to remove the root. No luck.

Perhaps I should explain what I did to make sure I am doing it correctly.

I clicked on the link, downloaded to my computer, connected my reader to my computer, did data transfer. Reader shows up on my computer. I take the restore file and place it into the reader drive, click flash-bat...type Y and let it do it's stuff. Reader powers down and then reboots. Root still there.

Next?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
uboot
Evangelist

slighty wrong

As already explained in the wiki, any restore package or root package is applied as follows:
1.) Fully charge reader
2.) unzip the package on pc
3.) connect reader to pc and select data transfer
4.) run the flash bat on PC. the flash bat will copy necessary files to the reader
5.) type y+enter

But if you applied sony update you definitely don't have your reader rooted anymore.

I suspect that it is the data partition that causes trouble for you, there may be some apps left on it.

Again, I advise you to make a factory reset and see if it helps:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...#Factory_Reset
Old 05-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
drenee

Thank you.