Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #1486
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Brainwashed in Small Favor

OH MY

Did I really get so brainwashed as to not see it? Just finished chapter 38 in Small Favor and have a question for you that read and reread it often:
Spoiler:
Michael confronts Harry about having his head messed with. And all of a sudden Harry remembers last using his blasting rod at the first Gruff attack. Is it really gone as in gone from any mentioning in the book from that point on until then? And how did I never get suspicious. Sure now that I know, it seems rather stupid that I did not see it before. How could we get so brainwashed as to miss that? Yeah sure, if you don't say that you forgot your blasting rod, then you won't see that you forgot about it. Reason would be, you really forgot about it and not just forgot to grab it. Forgot to remember more like. I think Jim Butcher is using some kind of magic when he writes that. Is it really gone from the book?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #1487
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Small Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
OH MY

Did I really get so brainwashed as to not see it? Just finished chapter 38 in Small Favor and have a question for you that read and reread it often:
Spoiler:
Michael confronts Harry about having his head messed with. And all of a sudden Harry remembers last using his blasting rod at the first Gruff attack. Is it really gone as in gone from any mentioning in the book from that point on until then? And how did I never get suspicious. Sure now that I know, it seems rather stupid that I did not see it before. How could we get so brainwashed as to miss that? Yeah sure, if you don't say that you forgot your blasting rod, then you won't see that you forgot about it. Reason would be, you really forgot about it and not just forgot to grab it. Forgot to remember more like. I think Jim Butcher is using some kind of magic when he writes that. Is it really gone from the book?
You'll just have to wait and see like we all did.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #1488
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
You'll just have to wait and see like we all did.

No I meant. I mean, yes, I have to see for myself. Was just asking if it was really gone. Right now I am tempted to read and check that it is. Maybe it is different the next time around. But but, I don't want to, takes to long. So that is why I asked - to save me the trouble of rereading before I even finished the book. I don't want to know if it is gone forever, or if it returns. Just wanted to know if it is GONE from the book from chapter whenever it got lost up until chapter 38 ...

Thanks for nothing ....
Old 12-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #1489
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Spoiler:
Ahh I found it. It is gone. Over 300 pages gone. Thank the Kindle for search. Amazing!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #1490
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Oops!

Quote:
No I meant. I mean, yes, I have to see for myself. Was just asking if it was really gone. Right now I am tempted to read and check that it is. Maybe it is different the next time around. But but, I don't want to, takes to long. So that is why I asked - to save me the trouble of rereading before I even finished the book. I don't want to know if it is gone forever, or if it returns. Just wanted to know if it is GONE from the book from chapter whenever it got lost up until chapter 38 ...

Thanks for nothing ....
Quote:
Spoiler:
Ahh I found it. It is gone. Over 300 pages gone. Thank the Kindle for search. Amazing!!!
Yep, I misunderstood, sorry about that!

Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #1491
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yep, I misunderstood, sorry about that!

Not a problem at all. I thought you did that on purpose. Had a fantastic laugh out of it. Thank you for that and karma for that too
Old 12-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #1492
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ha ha

Quote:
Not a problem at all. I thought you did that on purpose. Had a fantastic laugh out of it. Thank you for that and karma for that too
Good grief!! You're soooo.. easy!!!

P.S. anyone notice that we're on page 100 of this thread?

Last edited by alansplace; 12-30-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: add info
Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #1493
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
There are 14 books in this series. That is a lot of discussion and speculation.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #1494
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Hi all, I'm on Book 8, Proven Guilty.
I've thoroughly enjoyed all the books so far.
Proven Guilty is a bit slower than the others, but still a great read and only halfway through it so far and the pace is picking up now.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #1495
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Demonreach

From deviantart.com:
Quote:
Demonreach
by ~Shredguts
Fan Art / Digital Art / Painting & Airbrushing / Books & Novels
Click image for larger version

Name:	demonreach_by_shredguts-d5nr3en.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	98504
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #1496
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Working my way through Cold Days and my guess is Harry's solution to the Mab VS Maeve problem will be...
Spoiler:
Kill them both, let Mother Winter sort 'em out.

Just speculating, 77% done with the book.

They're both crazy nutters, but Mab has that whole
Spoiler:
holding back the Outsiders who want to destroy everything
deal going on, which Maeve would be a real horror show with if she gets to take Mab's throne.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #1497
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I've finished Cold Days and I'm confused about
Spoiler:

references to Harry's parasite. But he's not infected with the "nemesis", so... it's a different type of infection? Not related to the knight's mantle?

Karrin needs more time? The guy just came back from the dead. I would have thought that she'd seize a second chance at their relationship. Given that he's feeling all kinds of randy, I don't think he's going to be able to wait around for her.

Molly will be fantastic in her new job. Can't wait to see what her first adventure is.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #1498
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
I have finished Cold Days too. What a great read. Who would have thaught in the beginning of the series it would be so great. And so much is going on in Cold Days.
Aaaaaaaaaahhhh and now the long wait for the next book.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #1499
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I finished Cold Days as well! I agree completely on the long wait for next book. I want to see what happens now!!

Meanwhile, Happy New Year to everyone!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #1500
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
I finished it too. I was semi-right about two of them getting killed. One I expected, the other not. ;-)

As for Karrin, she
Spoiler:
still won't pick up that holy sword, dammit
!
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy