Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
karrotman
karrotman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Converting to ePub for Sony Pocket Edition

Hi there.

This is going to sound a bit lame because I am a complete noob at this ereader stuff. I just bought a Sony pocket edition to lighten my load.

I have a PDF that is really annoying to read so I have read that converting it to epub would make it much better.

However, I have no idea what I am doing. When I used Calibre to do the conversion it created a folder that contains the following:

1) PDF
2) Epub
3) JPG (cover)
4) metadata.opf

Again, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I told Calibre after converting to epub to transfer the book to my device. It only transfered the epub file.

When I disconnected my device and tried reading the book, it was just images?

Someone please help me and try to be as descriptive as possible.

P.S. As a side note, I tried copying that entire folder over to my ereader but for some reason my computer will not let me copy over the PDF file. Every time I try it just creates an empty PDF file on the reader with the same name. Never lets me transfer over the PDF...
karrotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrotman View Post
I told Calibre after converting to epub to transfer the book to my device. It only transfered the epub file.
The ePub is all your reader needs.

Quote:
When I disconnected my device and tried reading the book, it was just images?
Read this sticky thread about PDF conversions.

Quote:
Every time I try it just creates an empty PDF file on the reader with the same name. Never lets me transfer over the PDF...
This is a mystery to me.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, epub, sony pocket edition