Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #301
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, HJS!

The 5" is only slightly smaller screen, but they are both 800x600. This means the 5" will have a higher pixel density, ergo a better resolution.

The 5" has twice the processing power (400MHz compared to the 6" 200MHz)
The 5" has 8 gray levels instead of the normal 4-level grayscale of the 6" unit.
The 5" unit supports 16GB sd card, where the 6" only supports 4GB
The 5" has the faster Epson controller which equal a much faster page turn, as compared to the 6" model.

Those are the main marketable differences between the 2 units, apart from the fact that the 5" device will also be much more portable. The 5" is also 40 bucks cheaper than it's slower big brother.
I am sold! (though I had already pre-ordered :P )
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #302
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There are more differences:
The 5" support TTS while the 6" does not.
The 5" has a thumbwheel on the right hand side that provides additional page turns.
The 6" have vol up/down buttons on the right side.
The 6" uses an industry standard battery available anywhere.

The Epson controller provides more that just a faster page turn. It can also do a partial screen draw which means menus will be crisper and faster as well. There are some other features in this controller but it is not clear yet if the firmware will use them.

The run equivalent firmware although not exactly the same, thus have the same formats, etc. with the same capabilities.

Dale
sold again !
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #303
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
RobertB,

If you have finished translating the Pocket Pro, and/or the Basic Reader's User Manuals, is there any way we could have a link to download them.

I would love to have a head's up on reading it so I'd be ready when my Pocket Pro arrives.

I perfectly understand if your company decides it should not be released to the public though.

AJ
I'm very much in agreement. As long as it's not in ePub or Mobi format!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #304
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
what is the battery used in the pocket pro? One of the things I liked about the V3, was that they used a common nokia battery.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #305
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That was one of the discussions earlier. I'm hoping Robertb will chime in and let us know...

So, how about it, Bob?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #306
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Yeah, RobertB. I'm considering a second reader, and, that is a big factor for me.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #307
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
You can read them both on your Pocket Pro when it arrives.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #308
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
You can read them both on your Pocket Pro when it arrives.
I oughta slap you so hard you hit retirement....

oh wait..someone beat me to it!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #309
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Very Good Question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
what is the battery used in the pocket pro? One of the things I liked about the V3, was that they used a common nokia battery.
Dear Hellmark and Griffonwing:

Yes, the battery on the EZ Reader Basic is a Nokia battery and the model is posted on our FAQ sheet at www.theEZreader.com. That is nice because we know you can buy it at $9.99 online at many places.

We know the battery of the Pocket PRO is a slightly bigger battery. We believe it is still Nokia. I am asking my tech to pull out the battery and find the model and go online for a price. I will post her findings here!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #310
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Excellent!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #311
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Battery in Pocket PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
The battery in the EZ Reader Pocket PRO is an LG battery. It is the 1000mAh. It is a cinch to buy and is running $8.95 online today.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #312
Robertb

User Manual

Quote:
Dear Griffonwing:

The units will be shipping soon with the User Manual. The file is more than 12MB which takes a long time to email.

Also, I have press releases and reviews to handle. PLEASE be patient. All I do not want right now is an analysis of the User Manual until the FAQ sheet for the Pocket PRO is posted.

Remember, the User Manual was rewritten by me about three months ago. Since then, major benefits (like Adobe Digital Editions) were added. That is not even in the User Manual and will have to be caught on the FAQ sheet. To wait to print the User Manual for the ADE would have delayed shipping.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #313
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The battery in the EZ Reader Pocket PRO is an LG battery. It is the 1000mAh. It is a cinch to buy and is running $8.95 online today.
Robert, that's a huge plus for the Pocket Pro in my view.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #314
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Remember, the User Manual was rewritten by me about three months ago. Since then, major benefits (like Adobe Digital Editions) were added. That is not even in the User Manual and will have to be caught on the FAQ sheet. To wait to print the User Manual for the ADE would have delayed shipping.
Woah woah woah! Print?
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #315
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

No worries, Robert. I was only commenting that if the User Manual was availabel as a download in ePub or Mobi, instead of PDF, I would currently be unable to read it.

Oh wait. I have Calibre. Nevermind!