Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
Sigil Index and anchor formatting

Trying out the index generation tool in Sigil 0.7.0 on an internal company document, and I'm having issues with the way the anchor for an index entry is formatted.
The formatting looks correct in Sigil's previewer, and it is correct when I view it as an html page. When the epub is loaded into an Ipad, the anchor text has a purple font. I'm tearing my hair out on this one!
Here is the anchor text:
Code:
<h3 id="sigil_toc_id_4">OUR<a class="sigil_index_marker" id="sigil_index_id_1" title="Values">VALUES</a></h3>
The word VALUES is always purple on an Ipad.
The css that I'm using regarding the anchor element is as follows:
Code:
a.sigil_index_marker {color: black;text-decoration: none;}
a {color: black;text-decoration: none;}
a:link {color: black;text-decoration: none;}
What am I doing wrong? I suppose I could do a regex and replace the anchor with a span and get rid of the class. I shouldn't have to do that though.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mncowboy View Post
What am I doing wrong? I suppose I could do a regex and replace the anchor with a span and get rid of the class. I shouldn't have to do that though.
Anybody have any ideas?
There was a topic last year about this same link color situation:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172227

Seems like it is an iBooks bug.

Also, as a side note: Instead of using "loaded into the iPad" please mention what program it was loaded using. iBooks =/= iPad.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
Tex:
The topic you referred to seems to match the issue I have. The epub was side loaded onto the Ipad.
I'll try replacing the anchor with a <span>, maybe that will cure it.
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote