Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
huh, i'm in the same boat looking for new tablet for my wife...but she's more into movies on tablet...and pdf magazines...it looks like ipad mini description for me, but she also likes better handling of files and android openness...maybe to put new galaxy tab 8 into equation?
For reading, there are plenty of preferences (those who like 4:3, those who like 16:10, those who couldn't care less), but for movies, the mini is below the competition. It can't display 720p movies, and the aspect ratio means that you have big black bars for 16:9 content, and humongous bars for 21:9 content. A 16:10 tablet is better suited for video, unless you're into 80s shows.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #32
googkhan
googkhan began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
of course nexus 7. This is pure android
googkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #33
Derrin
Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Nexus 7, TF101
thought i'd add my thoughts, i've a kindle KB for reading, it's great and nothing beats it, however, i also own a Nexus 7 which i do use for reading magazines from Google Play, for PDFs i do find the Nexus 7 a little small so so tend to use my 10" tablet (Transformer TF101) for those. The Nexus is good for occasional (or very mobile video viewing) but the TF101 is better for longer sessions.

With regard to the OP and his concern over storage and his music, i've just uploaded my entire music collection to Play Music so now have access to it across all my devices - it works a treat
Derrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #34
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I'd always buy Android over OS. It's a more open OS. I have never used a Nexus but I can say the Samsung is a quality tablet.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote