Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
New Cover

I received my 900 Christmas eve and I have been enjoying it. It is a worthy replacement for my 505 and much better to deal with than the Kindle DX I returned. The WSJ is arriving every morning and is easy to read and navigate. I can't wait for the NY Times to become available.

Does anyone know if there is, or is contemplated, a different cover to replace the standard one. I had a great D&B leather cover for my 505.

Mitchll
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Eventually something will come. It uses hooks into the device to attach that are unique, so it will probably take a little while before 3rd party covers become available.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I love the M-Edge Platform covers and hope they come out with one for the 900.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchll View Post
Does anyone know if there is, or is contemplated, a different cover to replace the standard one. I had a great D&B leather cover for my 505.

Mitchll
Good question. I would like to replace it with something a little more colorful. Although I like the Case Logic hard case that comes with it, it's much to large to fit in my purse (I've been using a BookArmour case for Kindle2 that I have modified slightly).
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
YeaIKnit
YeaIKnit began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS900 Daily Edition
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I love the M-Edge Platform covers and hope they come out with one for the 900.
I was hoping for one as well, however I just got this email reply to my request for a possible time line:

Thank you for the interest in our product! At this moment we do not have plans to release a Jacket for the PRS-900. If you want the most up to date information you can sign up for our mailing list at www/medgestore.com. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Color me bummed!
YeaIKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaIKnit View Post
I was hoping for one as well, however I just got this email reply to my request for a possible time line:

Thank you for the interest in our product! At this moment we do not have plans to release a Jacket for the PRS-900. If you want the most up to date information you can sign up for our mailing list at www/medgestore.com. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Color me bummed!
That is disappointing. They don't even offer anything for the nook yet.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
olguy
Enthusiast
olguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
And here is the email I just received from M-Edge. Looks like there may be hope for M-Edge lovers.

Quote:
Hi Myron,

Thank you for your inquiry! We are expecting to have accessories for the Sony PRS-900 in the Spring 2010. Unfortunately at this time we do not have a more specific date. If you would like updates, please feel free to join our mailing list. Thank you!

Take Care,
Sarah
Team M-Edge
www.medgestore.com
olguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olguy View Post
And here is the email I just received from M-Edge. Looks like there may be hope for M-Edge lovers.
That is great news. I think 900 owners have been sending them emails. I know I did a couple of days ago. Spring isn't too far off...it's almost February!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #9
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Covers for PRS 900

My first soft cover had defective studs which fell off when removing the cover. Sony sent me a new soft cover which has far better studs.

The hard cover is best for reading away from the house. It provides protection if it is dropped. Just turn on before leaving the house and leave it on until you return. All controls are accessible that way except for turning it on.

I just ordered the new Sony cover for the PRS 900 with a built in light. Its great for dark light rooms like bedroom and dimly lit auditoriums. The light operates with a single AAA battery (one can bet rechargeable ones) and lasts for 19 hours turned on.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
My first soft cover had defective studs which fell off when removing the cover. Sony sent me a new soft cover which has far better studs.

The hard cover is best for reading away from the house. It provides protection if it is dropped. Just turn on before leaving the house and leave it on until you return. All controls are accessible that way except for turning it on.

I just ordered the new Sony cover for the PRS 900 with a built in light. Its great for dark light rooms like bedroom and dimly lit auditoriums. The light operates with a single AAA battery (one can bet rechargeable ones) and lasts for 19 hours turned on.
Thanks, sirmaru. I'll try to get the most use out of the hard case since the price of the 900 reflects its inclusion. My ideal use would be to keep the soft cover on and just place it in the hard case. This would allow a little more versatility when out and about.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Must remove soft cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thanks, sirmaru. I'll try to get the most use out of the hard case since the price of the 900 reflects its inclusion. My ideal use would be to keep the soft cover on and just place it in the hard case. This would allow a little more versatility when out and about.
Unless you remove the soft cover, the PRS 900 will not fit into the hard cover. Also, to use the soft cover with the attached light, you must also remove the original soft cover.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Unless you remove the soft cover, the PRS 900 will not fit into the hard cover. Also, to use the soft cover with the attached light, you must also remove the original soft cover.
You are correct. I'm aware of that limitation. That's why it'll be a challenge to actually use the hard case.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Well, I just received my 900. I was able to place it in the hard case with the soft cover on. The straps fit over it very easily with a snug fit. The zipper closes with ease as well. This is fabulous!!! Exactly what I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00054.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	490.5 KB
ID:	44366   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00055.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	555.7 KB
ID:	44367   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00056.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	44368   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00057.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	44369  
Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
LaLa4363
Enthusiast
LaLa4363 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen,iPod touch,iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Well, I just received my 900. I was able to place it in the hard case with the soft cover on. The straps fit over it very easily with a snug fit. The zipper closes with ease as well. This is fabulous!!! Exactly what I wanted.
Nice! Will the 900 fit in your purse?
LaLa4363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #15
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
I've done the same thing. I am hoping to get my pouch in tomorrow, I like the protection the hard cover offers if I am packing the device away for travel, or great storage if I don't anticiapte using it for a couple days. The size however makes it a much less portable option, I don't like keeping the device unprotected in my briefcase.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote