Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
Hi from Seattle

Hello all,

My name is Greg, I'm a network engineer living in Seattle WA. I've been coveting an e-book reader for quite a while now, and I think the hoopla over the K2 got me motiviated - to look for a used Kindle 1. I found one (wasn't too hard) and here I am.

In the last 48 hours I've dug straight into the technical aspect of converting book formats etc., which if you knew me would not be surprising. I have yet to read 10 whole pages on the device but I've already learned how it works. In fact many of you have already helped me in this endeavor.

At any rate, I find myself already resenting the "old fashioned" library books I have checked out as quaint and inconvenient and I can't wait to return them so I can use my new Kindle.

I'm looking forward to meeting more of you, this is a great forum.

Thanks,
Greg in Seattle.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Whoa, nice start InlawBiker (as opposed to "OutlawBiker"?)

Welcome to MR and have fun (you obviously have found your way around here already)

Everyone is real friendly and happy to answer questions or point you in the right direction...

WARNING: This place is addictive--make sure to schedule time to actually READ on your Kindle
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Greg.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Greg and welcome to the Forum.

Don't listen to dreams. This Forum is not addictive. Why I've spent as much as 20 minutes away from it. Okay, okay that's because we had a power outage but I could spend time on other things. Well, I should.....aw shoot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Welcome Neighbor:
You're lucky because the King County library does have a reasonable selection of ebooks in both mobi and pdf. And thanks to some very clever Mobileread members, we can now use them. The ebooks lovingly formatted and edited here are mobileread are also a great resource, so be sure and take a look.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert