Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Question Fixed?

Hi!
So far I've got the way Paper Mode works,but then I meet a bug,meanwhile,the bug was reported 6 months ago:
M92 PDF-Reader Request for Booxtor: Joystick Keymapping Page-Turning Bug

Quote:
In another thread several people have commented on a bug in the PDF-Reader of the M92. The keymapping of the joystick, so that you can use the joystick for page turning, doesn't work properly when custom margin settings are used.

I use the most recent firmware and the most recent pdf-reader patch with the odd/even margin settings.

Several people have confirmed the bug and it is very annoying. I'm a right-handed person and I use the M92 mostly in the leather cover. That means that unless I don't use the the stylus, the joystick on the right is the most natural way to turn pages. (Yes, besides the "<" and ">" buttons swiping with the stylus works properly for page turning.)

With standard settings for margins (without any custom margins) page turning with the joystick is ok.

Here is a description of the bug from another thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201694
I'm using the firmware 20131204 from Booxtor with multitasking feature(perfect!),and I'm wondering is the bug fixed in other firmwares?
Or,is there a way to fix it?
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi,
I've found this bug (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...46&postcount=8) and is NOT solved by the new firmware

I don't know if there is a way to solve this bug by ourselves.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Smile

Thanks for the reply.
Wish the bug can be fixed in the near future.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:29 AM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Sorry, I 've no hope for this ...
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote