Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #196
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
It's not the same version FBREADER for Linux than Fbreader for Android
Fbreader for Linux development was paused for two years since 2010.
There seems to be a new update at http://www.fbreader.org/

FBReader 0.99.4 for linux is released
Submitted by geometer on November 30, 2012
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #197
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
There seems to be a new update at http://www.fbreader.org/

FBReader 0.99.4 for linux is released
Submitted by geometer on November 30, 2012
Thanks. Right. FBReader (beta) for Linux desktop.
But it's a beta
And being for dektop and needs Qt4 library, I'm not sure which libraries are available for ARM-based platform

Before the new 0.99.0 beta release in July(0.99.4 in november, the 30th), last FBReader for Linux was release 0.12.10 more two years ago (March 25, 2010), the same is true for Windows
http://old.fbreader.org/
http://www.fbreader.org/content/fbre...sktop-released
"After 2 years of inactivity we do release a beta version of FBReader C++ for linux desktop. "

But in the FBreader for Linux vs FBreader for Android there is difference in format supported
http://www.fbreader.org/content/book...-not-supported
so Plucker and CHM (and zTXT) is only supported in linux (non-Android) version

Last edited by Manolo; 12-21-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #198
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
boox uses qt4 just get a loot in "about". they should add a way to swich from old to the beta fbr, but i believe its an huge work
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #199
inthemood
Zealot

Merry Xmas to all.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #200
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Hi!

First of all, Merry Xmas! This week I have finally received my Onyx Boox i62 HD, and I love it!!

I have updated to the last firmware version and installed the patch. I really like the software. However, I have some suggestions regarding the dictionaries. I am going to describe them based on the comments by jezistamiluje:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezistamiluje View Post
a) it would be useful to be able to type a word using a virtual keyboard. (One can do it in the special dictionary application, but for that one has to leave the book.)
This has already been implemented. Thanks, Booxtor! However, right now Spanish is not one of the available languages for the keyboard, and very frequently used characters like á, é, í, ó, ú, or ñ cannot be selected, so I cannot search some words in the dictionary. Could you please add this language?

Quote:
b) it would be good to be able to browse the WHOLE dictionary in the alphabetical order starting at the position of the world that you have clicked on. There is a possibility to browse the "similar words", but the program usually suggest just few of them or (more often) none at all.
I would find this useful too.

Quote:
c) It would be useful, although maybe difficult to add, would be to enable the user to look up a word from the dictionary explanation. This is especially useful when one uses explanatory dictionaries and does not understand a word in the explanation.
I would love this feature. Now, if I do not understand a word in the explanation I can search it using the "D" option and the keyboard, but it would be much faster if I could just clic (or double clic) a word in the explanation to show its definition.

Best regards,

Ayla
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #201
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla7 View Post
I would love this feature. Now, if I do not understand a word in the explanation I can search it using the "D" option and the keyboard, but it would be much faster if I could just clic (or double clic) a word in the explanation to show its definition.
Ayla
You can do that now, double click (I think, it is not very clear to me, because the font is so small, sometimes one click seems to work) a word in the dictionary definition and it will come up as a definition. Probably because of the font size making it difficult to aim precisely, it doesn't seem to work every time.
Greetings and enjoy the firefly. (I certainly do)
Old 12-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #202
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Thanks, you are right, it works
Old 12-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #203
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezistamiluje
a) it would be useful to be able to type a word using a virtual keyboard. (One can do it in the special dictionary application, but for that one has to leave the book.)

This has already been implemented. Thanks, Booxtor! However, right now Spanish is not one of the available languages for the keyboard, and very frequently used characters like á, é, í, ó, ú, or ñ cannot be selected, so I cannot search some words in the dictionary. Could you please add this language?
Do you mean you can look up a word in the book you're reading by using the search function or that you can look up any word in the dictionary without closing the book first?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #204
Ayla7
Connoisseur

I mean I can look up any word without closing the book. If you clic the dictionary button in the toolbar (or in the menu), the dictionary window appears. Then, if you clic the fifth icon in that window, the one with the letter "D", you can enter any word using the keyboard and look it up in the dictionary. Was that what you were asking?

Regards
Old 12-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #205
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Well I have the Firefly, not the HD, and there's no update yet for my ereader model so this might be the reason I'm not able to find a fifth icon. I have "Retrieve Words" (the sheet of paper with the looking glass), Explanation (question mark), Similar Words (the three bubbles), Dictionary list (the book icon) and Adjust Position (the two curved arrows). No D icon whatsoever though. And no dictionary icon on the toolbar, not in FB Reader nor in CoolReader. Wait, checking the new PDF Reader... Yup, it's as you're saying, fifth D icon. Thanks for the hint.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #206
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
It took me some time because I had been busy, but I finally installed the latest firmware yesterday. Overall I'm quite pleased, especially in regard to annotations and file management, but I have a few observations/requests:

1. The new cropping tools of the pdf reader are quite effective, but they are also quite confusing. It took me a couple of hours before I had a good grasp of how they work. Part of the confusion comes from the way they are organised, which does not help you to understand that some modes work well together, and some are not meant to be combined. I think that the menu should be organised in a way which makes clear that there are different layers of settings.

2. The new pdf reader still lacks a full screen mode - DISREGARD THIS - it was observed before properly applying the patch. Thank you for the new full screen mode

3. While I read mostly academic pdfs, I also read some fiction in epub format. The new pdf reader is becoming quite effective, but cool reader is a bit buggy. For instance, occasionally it will refuse to open an epub file, or clicking on a link may also turn to the next page. Deleting the cr3 folder (thus clearing the settings) seems to help a little. I know I can use the pdf reader, but I feel that cool reader is much better for epub files, so I'd like to see its bugs fixed.

Last edited by Gagarin Gambit; 12-27-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #207
Ayla7
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagarin Gambit View Post
2. The new pdf reader still lacks a full screen mode.
I see a full screen mode in the pdfreader: In the bottom of the menu, the second option is to enable or disable the full screen mode. Have you installed the patch?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #208
Ayla7
Connoisseur

I think I've found a small bug in the pdfreader (I don't know if it has already been reported):

When I go to a bookmark using the "show bookmarks" option, the first time I clic with my finger in the right of the screen to go to the following page, it goes to the previous page instead. The next time I clic on the right of the screen it works ok. This bug doesn't apply when I use the buttons to change the page. Can you replicate this behaviour?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #209
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
Quote:
I see a full screen mode in the pdfreader: In the bottom of the menu, the second option is to enable or disable the full screen mode. Have you installed the patch?
Oups... apologies. I had to install the patch twice, because the first time it wasn't installed correctly. The first time I noticed the lack of full screen and a few other bugs, fixed after reinstalling the patch... but then I didn't notice the full screen option after reinstalling, because it wasn't mentioned in the change log and I didn't look for it (I was fulling around with the crop/zoom tools instead). It's funny how one can miss something so obvious
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #210
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
I once bought a Pocketbook 302 which was promised to get a major firmware upgrade soon, meanwhile running on a version meant for another reader. The upgrade never came and the company abandoned the device altogether without ever issuing the necessary and often announced firmware.
Please Booxtor, confirm this will not happen to the Firefly. And if possible give us a timeframe.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote