Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
jraphe
jraphe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need your assistance on Library size and importing.

1-
i have imported my books to Calibre. the Calibre Ebook Library is much smaller then my original book folders...Why? did it fail to import most books?

2-
when i want to consult a book on calibre it sometimes ask me me to "add" it, and then tells me i already have it... in any case i vcan not open the book to read it...
Sugestions welcome2-

3-Calibre does not read Djvu format...?

thanks for Ur time
jraphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Calibre will only import ebook types it knows about. Under Windows, this depends on the filename extension, i.e. it tries to import files with known extensions (e.g. .epub, .mobi, .lit, etcetera).

Open Calibre, and look in the category pane (I have this on the left). Click on the arrow by Formats and it will expand to show how many ebooks you have in each format. If you have not yet converted between formats, this should show exactly what was imported. If the list says there are 500 (say) EPUBs in your library, search the folders you imported for .epub (under Windows 7 this should be a file filter, type:=.epub). The bottom left of the search listing includes the number of items found. The number of items found should be about the same as the number that Calibre imported.

If they are very different, you may want to try again. Advise about mass import is hard to give because it depends on how you have organized your ebooks. What I tend to do is to use "Add books from a single directory". I also typically select one ebook type (e.g. EPUB) at a time and then left click on the 1st ebook to import and shift left click on the last (to select all listed between the two). I do this in small batches, because I want to edit the metadata after they get imported.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Check whether youh have automerge turned on in preference adding books. If it is on calibre will merge duplicate titles.

calibre will import just about any file whether it handles it or not.

If you are using the first or second option under add books you can lose many if your files are not organised in the strictest manner.

Perhaps make a new library and use option 3 to add books and compare.
I used windows search and searched for all epub and added them via select all then drag and drop, then mobi etc.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote