Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
allmeister
allmeister began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Newspapers on the New Nook

I don`t have an E reader yet, but want to get one.
I mostly read newspapers and magazines. I sit at a PC all day for work, so definitely want E-Ink.
Is it quite easy to ready papers on the new nook or do you need the nook color?
allmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I don't have a Nook, but I do read a newspaper daily on the Kobo Touch. It works really well on it. Easy to navigate with touchscreen. I would think Nook would be similar, but I can't speak from direct experience. Depending on the magazine (i.e. if it's technical or has a lot of pictures) maybe a Nook colour would be a better option, but I can't speak to that.

One caveat: I would recommend checking out is to make sure that whatever newspapers/magazines you are interested in are actually available on the Nook (or whatever reader you choose) or in a format that is usable on it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
allmeister
allmeister began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thx Robko

Maybe someone who has a Nook can pitch in too. I`m looking to read Barrons, Wall Street Journal and some Sailing Mags.
The Nook color does look nice, but it`s an LCD screen, I def. want E-Ink.
allmeister is offline   Reply With Quote