Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 01-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #16
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
I'm trying verdana...now that I am zire71man ;-). My Zire 71 is sweet! 100% better then the visor prism.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #17
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Hey Thanks to everyone for their fonts!
Advert
Old 03-26-2004, 10:55 AM   #18
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I have recently gotten access to Adobe Font Folio at work and have been converting a few of these for use with iSilo. But the conversions really don't look very good on my Tungsten E, and I am converting them for hires (320x320 display, 144 dpi). Not sure how to go about getting screenshots to show you, but at the smaller display sizes they are very pixelated and can be difficult to read... I like the basic display font, but I'm trying to get a nice small serif font for ebooks. I've tried some of the earlier posted fonts, but was not totally satisfied.

Is there a way to somehow 'optimize' the font making process?? Do some fonts just not lend themselves to translation? Does anyone have insight on this?
Old 03-26-2004, 12:57 PM   #19
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Or perhaps another way to think about this would be, is there an easy way to preview how a windows font will look at 144 dpi? This seems to be the problem. I like to view text at the "smaller" size usually, to fit in as much as possible (though "smallest" is usually just too small for my eyes). But the process of convert, hotsync, test, repeat is tedious. The device font is pretty good for most things, but I would love something better...
Old 04-07-2004, 07:58 AM   #20
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
Is there a way to somehow 'optimize' the font making process?? Do some fonts just not lend themselves to translation? Does anyone have insight on this?
You must always look at the individual fond and consider what it was made for. Some fonts, like Verdana and Frutiger Linotype, were created especially with smaller screens in mind.
Advert