Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
tsunani
tsunani began at the beginning.

Device: none
Replacement Text Using Metadata

Is there a way to specify the insertion of metadata in replacement text? Specifically the isbn value for the book? I have uploaded several text file versions of books, all with a unique string in the beginning pages that I want to replace with a block of styled text that includes the isbn for the book being processed. I would like for this rule to be dynamic enough to work for all books in the series, rather than manually entering the isbn in the replacement text.

[EDIT]: In the Calibre documentation I see it noted that the template language would use

{identifiers:select(isbn)}

but using that in the replacement text renders it as the typed string.

Last edited by tsunani; 01-03-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Added note about similar use.
tsunani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there is not way to use metadata during a search and replace. Since you are working with text files it would probably be easy to use a script based on the calibredb utility to do it in bulk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
tsunani
tsunani began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
it would probably be easy to use a script based on the calibredb utility to do it in bulk.
That's what I figured but wanted to check. Thank you for the feedback!
tsunani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isbn, meta data, metadata, search & replace, search and replace