Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Option for 'calibredb' to *not* notify a running Calibre GUI?

Kovid,

Would it be possible to add an option to the command line tools to not notify a running Calibre GUI when they update a library?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm running a large (10K+) book import using a batchfile of 'calibredb add' commands (thank you Total Commander & 'makebat' plugin ) into a separate library the GUI as yet knows nothing about.

However, when I now start the GUI, it gets kicked every few seconds by the calibredb commands from the batchfile running in the background telling it they did an update, making it almost totally unresponsive. And the GUI doesn't have the updated library open, because it doesn't even know it exists...

Bit of a corner case, I admit, so I'd totally understand if you won't go to the trouble, but one can always ask
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Why not just shut down the GUI while the background job is running?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Why not just shut down the GUI while the background job is running?
Sure. But the background job is lenghthy (on this old P4, I'm guessing something like 12 hours) and I wanted to use another library with the GUI in the meantime. That's when I ran into it.

Like I said, a corner case...
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/13652
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Cool! Thanks. I may never need it again personally, but it might be useful for someone else in the future.