Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I'm still on K4PC 1.4.1...hm. so with tools 4.8 I can use K4PC 1.8.x? I see I'm still on tools 3.6.

Last edited by Joykins; 02-22-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Any got a link to K4PC 1.8.x I'd like to back it up just in case mine auto updates I'm pretty sure I turned it off but rather be safe than sorry.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Any got a link to K4PC 1.8.x I'd like to back it up just in case mine auto updates I'm pretty sure I turned it off but rather be safe than sorry.
http://www.oldversion.com/Kindle-for-PC.html
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
All previous versions of Kindle for PC are located here -- links are on the right-hand side of this page:

Kindle for PC -- all versions
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #20
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Where can you find out what 1.9.0 offers??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #21
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Just got an update post from Alf's blog. Looks like a fix will not be coming soon.
So for now just use KforPC 1.8x

Don't know if it would be ok to post the email so just go to the blog for the full info.

Carol
Hi Carol
Thank you for the "heads up" !!

Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #22
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
I think it's always a good idea to keep copies of older install exes in case of a need to re-install an older version. Especially if the older versions become difficult to find online.

I am waiting for the day when Amazon "demands" that one has a current version of K4PC installed to download new books. That would be a big problem if various tools don't work with the newer version.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #23
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, don't the tools work on the versions that are on the kindle itself? I have never tried it, I always use the version from k4pc.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, don't the tools work on the versions that are on the kindle itself? I have never tried it, I always use the version from k4pc.
Yes, they do. This change is only an issue if your preferred "workflow" is to initially download your books into K4PC, and strip the DRM from that version before loading your book onto the Kindle. That's what I do myself - I find it the most convenient way to do it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait--you mean you can "add" the books to calibre from your Kindle when using it as a USB drive and the tools will work?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, they do. This change is only an issue if your preferred "workflow" is to initially download your books into K4PC, and strip the DRM from that version before loading your book onto the Kindle. That's what I do myself - I find it the most convenient way to do it.
Same here and thanks for the info, I wanted to consider that option if the k4pc updates offered benefits that I wanted to take advantage of. I am hoping Amazon will eventually add the option to allow you to resort your collections as you wish them to be and not the order in which they were created in k4pc.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #27
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Wait--you mean you can "add" the books to calibre from your Kindle when using it as a USB drive and the tools will work?
Moderator Notice

Detailed discussion of how to use DRM removal tools isn't permitted on MobileRead.

Anyone with specific questions should ask elsewhere. Apprentice Alf's blog is a good place to try.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Yes, that's right. You just need to configure a different plug-in - the one that works with Kindles. Your good friend Alf can supply the details.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
Joykins
Wizard

Gotcha. Sorry to skirt the rules. OO.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #30
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indio777 View Post
I am waiting for the day when Amazon "demands" that one has a current version of K4PC installed to download new books. That would be a big problem if various tools don't work with the newer version.
I've been dreading the day when the tools stop working, looks like that day is near.

I won't buy any books I can't strip DRM from because I want the option to format shift, so my choices will shrink or I'll end up a pirate.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote