Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
razz1
razz1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Online maps for kindle?

I have Kindle 3 wifi+3G and tried to use maps.google.com but my kindle froze a few times while zooming in. What site do you use for maps?
razz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
As I only bought K3 just over a week ago, I've been avidly reading the very useful posts on mobileread, & spotted this:

http://kinstant.com/maps/

which works very well on my Kindle

HTH.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Cool. Do you know if you can do this while travelling overseas (from a K3 with 3G)?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Well, you don't actually point out where you are

I'll take a wild guess & assume USA, in which case I am several thousands of kilometres away overseas & it works ok here

This may help?

http://client0.cellmaps.com/tabs.html#cellmaps_intl_tab

If you're travelling to Europe you should be fine, but maybe check your T & C's with Amazon?

The US map is accessible via that URL too.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Here are two more to check out:

http://m.vpike.com/

http://www.kindlemap.net/
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
razz1
razz1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks a lot! Much useful than just going to maps.google.com
razz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Oh, wow. That's actually pretty neat.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote