Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
pinenut
pinenut began at the beginning.

I've got $100 credit toward the price I paid for my Sony reader.

Someone mentioned here on this forum that one could get $100 credit if he signed up for the SonyCard account when purchasing a reader from Sony Store. I tired it since there was nothing to lose.

I ordered a reader and signed up for a SonyCard on November 15. The reader was delivered to me on Nov. 30 and I got $100 credit on December 14.

I was a bit skeptical about it but I ended up buying a reader for $ 271.86 (including tax). That is not a bad deal.
pinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Congratulations. This is the first $100 credit received I've seen here. Anyone else?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2006, 11:47 PM   #3
baker101
baker101 began at the beginning.

i got 150 from sony style. =)
baker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
cmumford
Connoisseur
cmumford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinenut
Someone mentioned here on this forum that one could get $100 credit if he signed up for the SonyCard account when purchasing a reader from Sony Store. I tired it since there was nothing to lose.

I ordered a reader and signed up for a SonyCard on November 15. The reader was delivered to me on Nov. 30 and I got $100 credit on December 14.

I was a bit skeptical about it but I ended up buying a reader for $ 271.86 (including tax). That is not a bad deal.
Do you mean that $349 + tax - $100 = $271.86?

Were you able to take that $100 and convert it to cash, or was it just a credit on the card? If so then it isn't quite the same as buying a reader for $279, but I guess it's really darn close if you used that card to buy stuff you absolutely would have (like groceries).

Congrads! I think I'll do the same today or tomorrow before the offer expires.
cmumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I have not received my credit yet. I hope we didn't have to buy something directly from sony to get that credit.... if that was the case then I wouldn't be getting one and I will now be upset because I didn't read the info as that way... I already purchased something with that card at over $400 and paid it off already, so I am ?????? what is going to happen....
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I am reading that terms and condions because I printed it out..... this is what it states first paragraph

*Offer subject to credit approval. Card credit will be applied to your Sony Card account 8-12 weeks after your first purchase.*

Okay so my first purchase was 11/20.... so I have to wait 8-12 weeks from that date. So I guess anywhere after January 15th I should see it HOPEFULLY
Old 12-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #7
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I just signed up with sony chase online to view my accounts. My credit for $100 is there. now to find something to spend it on <G>
Old 12-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
pinenut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I just signed up with sony chase online to view my accounts. My credit for $100 is there. now to find something to spend it on <G>
It is real money. I bought a pair of golf shoes with it.

BTW, it took only 4 weeks to get the credit on my account.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #9
pinenut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmumford
Do you mean that $349 + tax - $100 = $271.86?

Were you able to take that $100 and convert it to cash, or was it just a credit on the card? If so then it isn't quite the same as buying a reader for $279, but I guess it's really darn close if you used that card to buy stuff you absolutely would have (like groceries).

Congrads! I think I'll do the same today or tomorrow before the offer expires.
In fact, I got $100 before I paid the bill of $371.86 ending up paying only $271.86. It took only 4 weeks to get the credit on my account instead of 8-12 weeks they state.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #10
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Seems that way for me too...... didn't have to wait as long as they were saying.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #11
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
The $150 Rebate lasts until Jan 4,2007

The only downer was they have none in stock. I wonder if I will get the $50 in free books since the order will be processed when they have new ones in stock after Dec 31. That would be $200 credit if I do.
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Unfortunately, the trigger for the $50 credit is the registration of the Reader to an account, not the purchase.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #13
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I actually applied for the SonyStyle card and was only offered the $100 credit initially, unfortunately since I didn't have an approved zip code, Sony wouldn't ship me the reader (even after I applied and was approved for the CC!). After a day or two of trying to convince them to ship me the eReader, without success, I went back to the main Sony site, not SonyStyle, and saw the $150 offer. I applied for this offer, the Sony Card, using my US address and had the eReader shipped.

Bottom Line: I received the Reader for $360.14+free shipping-$150=$210.14, the $50 Connect Store credit is still pending (hope it works out for me ) so the grand total will drop to $160.14! Oh yeah, my account for the CC was already credited and I have paid the remainder off. Hopefully others can still get the $150 deal, just remember to apply for the SonyCard, not the SonyStyle CC; e.g., $150 vs. $100 credit.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
Azayzel - I went the same route you did with the same savings. Last week SonyStyle sent me an email saying I still qualified for the $50 Credit. I called Sony connect to tell them this and after a couple of emails they sent me Gift Certificate number for the $50. If you do not have it yet you may want to followup in this manner. NormB
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #15
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Hey you think those of us that signed up for their card and only were offered the $100 should email/call and complain and ask for the extra $50 <BEG> I feel cheated, LOL