Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #16
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Yes, just like any other standard folder.

The problem was getting te Fire to show up at all on an OS that doesn't support MTP.
theres a program called android for transfer but i couldnt use it
dont remember the program name for the windows transfer program

it did find it here tho

think u need look for a link which is about eg useful utilities for kindle
am sure ish its in the section for kindle fire and seem rember its had green flag stickie as well

hope that helps
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
theres a program called android for transfer but i couldnt use it
dont remember the program name for the windows transfer program

it did find it here tho

think u need look for a link which is about eg useful utilities for kindle
am sure ish its in the section for kindle fire and seem rember its had green flag stickie as well

hope that helps
I was speaking about your problem. I do not have a Kindle Fire, but if I did, it would work since I don't run WinXP.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #18
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Quote:
I was speaking about your problem. I do not have a Kindle Fire, but if I did, it would work since I don't run WinXP.
thanks , i tried on anothet comp and stil no hope ( vista me 8.1 etc i dn what im missining
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #19
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, of course not. I store all my books in Calibre. When I get a new computer, I just copy my Calibre library onto it. K4PC is merely a conduit through which I get my books into Calibre.
This is my goal. I just wish I had cared enough to start working towards it a couple of thousand books ago. Live and learn, I guess.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
This is my goal. I just wish I had cared enough to start working towards it a couple of thousand books ago. Live and learn, I guess.
The Kindle Touch in your profile details can download your books in bulk, simply tap each one in turn from the Cloud tab.

Then select them from the Device view in calibre, right-click and Add to library, and optionally delete them from your Kindle afterward.

Or batch Send from the new http://amzn.com/myk
Advert
Old 11-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #21
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Or batch Send from the new http://amzn.com/myk
That feature would be so much more helpful if it was capable of flagging the ones that have been downloaded already. Since it isn't... not so much.

I shall experiment with the Touch and Calibre though. That is very promising.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:37 AM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
That feature would be so much more helpful if it was capable of flagging the ones that have been downloaded already. Since it isn't... not so much.

I shall experiment with the Touch and Calibre though. That is very promising.
I could swear there used to be a filter for which books were on what device... but Kindle is easier anyway.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #23
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
I could swear there used to be a filter for which books were on what device...
Nope. If there was, not anymore.

It's depressing how lacking the Kindle interface is, both on Amazon.com and in Kindle4PC. It's like they assumed no one would ever want to do anything other than immediately download one book at a time to their one device, so nothing else would ever be needed....
Old 11-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #24
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I think it may have been while they were testing the new look, and things were blinking on and off every time you reloaded the page.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #25
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
The Kindle Touch in your profile details can download your books in bulk, simply tap each one in turn from the Cloud tab.
This is working better than anything else I've tried so far. Thank you very much! I will download everything and hook up the USB cable, and do my backup that way.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #26
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
This is working better than anything else I've tried so far. Thank you very much! I will download everything and hook up the USB cable, and do my backup that way.

Well, yes, that is because it happens to be both amazing and the best possible way.