Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat
Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Humorous Adventure Book for All Ages - Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat is a unique fantasy story suitable for ages 8 and up. It is a humorous, light-hearted adventure filled with crazy characters (like Cocky Doodle and Granny Hammy) who are thrown into wacky situations (like a skunk wedding and a mushroom feast), and it is similar in spirit to Shrek, Madagascar, and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

It is available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords for $.99 and can be enjoyed by children and adults alike. You can use these links:

Bloated Goat on Kindle

Bloated Goat on Nook

Bloated Goat on Smashwords

Here's the book description:

When Granny Hammy finds Bloated Goat face down in her front yard's drainage ditch, her grandson Cocky Doodle thinks nothing of it. In fact, he says that’s just another normal day for his best friend. But when they discover that Bloated Goat has little black Xs for eyes and is even more bloated than normal, they realize it is much more serious.

Come join the humorous adventure filled with jewel thieves, a despondent wolf, an alligator gangster, a kingdom of hungry mushrooms, a shocking skunk wedding, and a mysteriously powerful chameleon known as Crazy Ned.

But don’t take my word for it. Read the following fake quotes for more convincing words:

"This is one the funniest books about bloated goats and talking animals I've ever read." - A random, imaginary kid

"If I was stuck on a deserted island with nothing but this book, I'd probably read it at least once." - An important kid, possibly your best friend or son or daughter

And if you prefer real quotes, here you go:

“I decided to take a chance on your book after reading your post. Heck, it's only ninety-nine cents, right? I called my nine year old daughter over for what I thought would be a short picture book. I'll be honest. I wasn't expecting much but I hoped she'd get a good chuckle out of it. I opened up the book and was surprised to find that it's a chapter book. Hmm! We dove in. We read through the first ten chapters and my daughter never stopped laughing. She loved it! (And I had to stop more than once to compose myself as well. I actually had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.) So far it's an easy and enjoyable read. The characters are hilarious and the situations they encounter are wholly unexpected. We can't wait to finish it tomorrow.” – M. Jacobs, a Kindle Discussions contributor

“LOL. I just finished it. It cracked me up! Definitely worth the dollar.” – Lexi, a Kindle Discussions contributor

EDIT: Posted up new 4-star review on Amazon Kindle located here.

Thanks for looking and happy reading,
Manley Peterson

Last edited by Manley Peterson; 01-02-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: 4-star review added
Manley Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to Mobileread, Manley Peterson

Consider taking a moment and using the "introduce yourself" link below to open a new thread and joining us.

Good luck with your book.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat
Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!Manley Peterson rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks desertgrandma, will do.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

My wild and wacky adventure book Bloated Goat received a new four-star review today on Amazon. Here's a quote from the review:

"Silly, crazy, inventive, wacky with a capital WACK. Well, that's exactly what this book brings to mind. But this time in a good, family friendly way!

I feel the author set out to create the most outlandish and unorthodox cast of characters and story he could think of. If so, he succeeded 110%. I can confidently say you have never read a story like this one before.

There are elephants on spring break, skunks getting married, and nameless wolf wives who were raised by rabbits. Just wait until you meet Crazy Ned the Chameleon. He has a sidekick who is a... Well, I'm not going to tell you. You'll just have to read the story."

You can read the full review over at Bloated Goat's Amazon Page

Other places you can find Bloated Goat:

Bloated Goat for Nook

Thanks,
Manley Peterson

Last edited by Manley Peterson; 11-30-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Well, another week, another great review. You can check it out here on Amazon: Bloated Goat Review

Come join the throngs of people (and I'm talking tens of people) that have enjoyed the crazy, humorous adventure. Give it a try.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat was featured on Daily Cheap Reads yesterday, in case you missed it.

Here is the link: Daily Cheap Reads
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Just received my 3rd great review on Amazon US site for Kindle. That made my day. If any of you are looking for a funny book to read and enjoy with your kids or grandkids, I hope you'll check out Bloated Goat.

Thanks and have a great day.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Three things you didn't know about Bloated Goat:

1. The cover art was created by my 10-year-old daughter.
2. My 3-year-old daughter prefers to call the main character Bloaty Goat.
3. I just received another good review on Amazon.com - this time from a middle school teacher. Part of his review says, "Bloated Goat is worth every penny (literally). This book is a perfect light easy read that will provide you with some great moments of humor."

I hope you'll check the book out and read it with your children or grandchildren.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat has received some wonderful reviews on Amazon US, so if you are looking for a laugh out loud book to read by yourself or with you kids, I hope you'll check it out.

Thanks for looking and happy reading!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #10
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat is listed on the Indie eBook Hall of Fame in the Young Adult category.

Also, if you would like to read more of Bloated Goat before buying, feel free to check out the first 33% of the story on my site: Manley's Bookshelf
Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Another great review for Bloated Goat, this time from Booklopedia Blog: http://thebooklopedia.blogspot.com/2...ated-goat.html

If you are looking for a funny read, you should check out Bloated Goat.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

There is an interview about Bloated Goat over on Kindle Author. You can read it here: http://kindle-author.blogspot.com/20...-peterson.html.

Don't forget you can check out a large sample on my website: Manley's Bookshelf.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat is featured on Holly's Bargain eBook Blog today. Please check it out.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #14
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat is included in Smashwords giant e-book promotion. You can get Bloated Goat for free by entering code RAE50 on the purchase page: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34716
Old 03-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
Manley Peterson
Author of Bloated Goat

Bloated Goat received a great 5-star review on Kindle and NOOK. Reviewer Nicole MacDonald writes:

"I LOVED this story! The best laugh I've had for .99c period. I don't know if this book could be fully appreciated by a child without an adult helping them. I do however think this would be a truly awesome book for English teachers to use in aiding them for teaching kids a variety of writing techniques. I absolutely HAVE to insist you read the sample chapter!! I've been driving my husband nuts for the last few nights I read this due to all my shrieking and cackling at it. It's a fantastically ridiculous adventure and the author has great fun mocking the heck out of those writing 'rules' we love to hate. This book doesn't pretend to be anymore than what it is and utterly succeeds in its goal. Or rather, by the end of this book (and through out it) I was ROTFLMAO ; p

It hit every note for me and I give it 5 stars. Trust me, read the sample chapter you'll be hitting the one click button by the time you finish it ' This is a short, sweet and down right hilarious story. Bravo to the author!"

If you are looking for a fun read, give Bloated Goat a try.

Tags
adventure, childrens, fantasy, funny, humorous