Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
X-ray availability

Is there any way to tell if a book has x-ray info.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
not really, only way to find out is to buy it or borrow it.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
I think it's odd that Amazon talked up the XRAY feature, but they are not promoting it. If I were king Jeff, I'd make sure to give special recognition to any publisher who adopted the technology; put up a list of books with XRAY. How hard could it be?

I looked around Amazon for about thirty minutes, did several google searches and picked up several samples,trying to figure out what books have XRAY. Since my KT Wifi is still not making nice nice with my router (open amazon support ticket), I sideloaded some content, but it didn't have any XRAY.

Four and a Half Questions About XRAY:

Does XRAY happen if you side-load?
Does XRAY happen on samples?
Does Amazon intend to retrofit any content with XRAY?
b) if so, will I need to reload it from Amazon?
Can someone with the time and inclination compile a list if Amazon won't?
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
This is what has dimmed my enthusiasm about the Kindle Touch. I wanted it for 2 reasons: Touch Screen and X-Ray. *Sigh*. Hopefully, they'll take the KT a little more seriously in the coming months and produce a better, more comprehensive, does what it says it does out of the box model.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
Four and a Half Questions About XRAY:

Does XRAY happen if you side-load?
Does XRAY happen on samples?
Does Amazon intend to retrofit any content with XRAY?
b) if so, will I need to reload it from Amazon?
Can someone with the time and inclination compile a list if Amazon won't?
1)No. Amazon will not do it. that's why I wrote this script https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157770
2) No
3) some, not all.

X-ray is quite handy when it's available from amazon or side loaded.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert