Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
What's your favorite iPad case?

Like most e-reader/tablet owners, it's a required accessory to purchase a protective cover so our expensive gadgets are protected from the environment, coffee spills, drops, etc.
Originally, I purchased a Griffin case and liked it very much but there a couple of things that bugged me. One was that the iPad was held by straps in on all four corners so that headphone Jack, the on/off button were inconveniently hidden under the straps. Secondly, it didn't have any way to have the iPad open in different angles for writing, reading, etc. It was solid and well built though.
Recently I decided to try a Scosche IPDL folio case and it kicks butt! Allows for multiple viewing angles and the unit snaps into the case so all buttons are accessible. Nice! Feels very solid and the case front snaps close. Case was shipped next day and sent via priority mail so arrived in three business days. A very satisfactory experience.
So, what's your favorite case for your gadget?
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I got a pretty cranberry-colored quilted one by Belkin for my birthday day-before-yesterday. It looks like a pretty purse. But it lacks the thick padding that my previous ugly black one from Sears. I plan on inserting a piece of foam on the side where the glass will touch.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I got a pretty cranberry-colored quilted one by Belkin for my birthday day-before-yesterday. It looks like a pretty purse. But it lacks the thick padding that my previous ugly black one from Sears. I plan on inserting a piece of foam on the side where the glass will touch.
ohhh, sounds pretty!
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I'm still using a 30-buck snap-on back cover from SwitchEasy. I like that it doesn't add weigh or bulk. It's also black and inconspicuous. For my spare iPad, I'm using the same style, except in clear. SwitchEasy sent me the clear one by mistake and didn't want it back. If I were to take that iPad out, I'd want another opaque cover.

I've seen iPad cases galore in Asia and haven't seen anything I like better. Fun to look, though.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Shell30Bell
Avid Reader
Shell30Bell began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone
I bought an Apple iPad case and also use a paisley Janine King Designs iPad sleeve to protect it in my bag when I am out and about.
Shell30Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #6
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
The apple case is still the best to me
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I'm with cavi, the apple case is the best for me also.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #8
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
I love my DODOcase. It's handmade and looks very classy. Full access to all ports and switches, but provides excellent protection.

Also find my Belkin Grip Vue clear very useful around the home.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:16 AM   #9
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
The Apple case works also for me even though the case itself tends to attract dust.

I do have an Otterbox for my iPhone (And I love it) but it seems a bit of overkill for the iPad which I don't carry in as extreme environment as the iPhone...
Gurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have the black neoprene Apple case. Works just fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:09 AM   #11
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I have the Incase Convertible Book Jacket. It's bulky but provides good protection, is comfortable to hold, and has multiple viewing angles in Landscape orientation. It's too bad they don't make a mini version for the iPod Touch.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I tried the apple case, but the main problems for me is that it picked up dust and marks too easily, it wasn't comfortable to hold all the time and the design is such that it is a pain to keep removing your ipad too often so for a while I went back to a Belkin one I initially bought at the same time as the ipad due to shortages of the official case.

The other week I bought a Tuff-Luv multi-view case from the same people that made the case I am using on my ebook reader, it is quite pricey and a tad bulky, but for me it looks better than the official one, has more options for using it as a stand than the official one and is much easier to remove the ipad from the case if I don't want to use one at all. There is another model that also allows you to stand it up in portrait mode, but to be honest I just couldn't think of a time when I would use that since I only use the stand when it is playing videos and hold it myself when doing anything in portrait mode.

Belkin case - http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=509026
Tuff-Luv multi-view - http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205270876
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
I like the Dodo too, but it's a tad pricey and a wait. There's another similar make w/no wait, Palanzo or something like that.

I have a myCase for under $25 and made my own booksafe. Google iPad and booksafe for instructions on how to make.
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Standard Apple case for me. I've looked at others, but (IMHO) the Apple case is by far the best thought-out in the 'protecting the device vs bulk' balancing act. I'm a carpenter/handyman so tend to work in more hostile (to electronics) environments than most and I have a particular dislike of cases that hold the iPad in place by little corner tabs with everything else exposed - my iPad is likely to be stuffed down the side of one of my toolboxes or inside my lunchbox, so I want as much of the device concealed as is practically possible.

Other folks will have different requirements, of course...

Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
I use the Apple black neoprene case
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, ipad, protection