Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmeal View Post
I brought Sony 6" /digital/ touchscreen (refurbish)

I brought a screen protector. It's not a screen protector produced by Sony. Yet the screen protector can be use for tablets such as ipad.

However, touch screen doesn't work when I put on the screen protector.
(Before I got the screen protector, I wrap the ereader up by foodwrap as protection, same the touch screen doesn't work.)

The screen protector I brought is for LCD.

Do I need to buy screen protector especially for ereader?

Do I need to buy screen protector especially produced by Sony?

p.s. strange the ereader don't have calibration of touchscreen as option.
I'm surprised nobody asked this yet, but is your Reader a 600/700 or 650? The 600/700 has a resistive touchscreen. A (relatively) thick or rigid protector can reduce sensitivity a lot. The 650 has edge-located IR sensors, and should work fine with a screen protector unless it is very thick. (I have a protector cut from the bestskinsever.com material on my similar 300, and the touch response has worked flawlessly for over a year.)

The foodwrap would probably mess up the 650 touch as well, as it will block the ir sensors.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
I'm surprised nobody asked this yet, but is your Reader a 600/700 or 650?
The 650 in the thread title is a clue.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert