Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I have over 6000 ebooks waiting to be read and over 600 paperbacks. I have calculated that it will take me 18 years to read my book collection if I don't acquire anymore.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
My husband says I am an ebook hoarder (we have started watching that new TLC program on hoarding). I guess he is right. I have 1188 books, and 993 are on the TBR list.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #18
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I have at least 200.

Problem for me is the fact I have some massive gaps in classics that I've missed. For example I've never read call of the wild, and grapes of wrath. So most of the books in my list are older titles of very high quality.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsgate View Post

With the ease and availability of ebooks, do you find yourself creating a bigger and bigger TBR lists? Or is it just me?
I'm getting a lot better at resisting the temptation to collect vast piles of stuff that I won't realistically ever use (or re-use, if I've read them once).

I did start to download a stack of free classics etc but quickly decided that the best place to store them was where I got them in the first place - on somebody else's server on the internet. I found sorting through the clutter on my own equipment was more of a pain that an asset. So I went through and deleted everything that I thought wouldn't get read in the next week or two.

I do have folders on the main computer for the 'keepers' but just leave 5 or 6 on the reader. I'd rather spend the time reading than fiddling about scrolling through pages of titles.

It's turning out to be pretty much like the way that I treat pbooks (keeping a small 'active pile' somewhere like a bedside table). The difference is that I'm happy to leave most of the rest of the e-books on the internet rather than creating my own e-library on virtual bookshelves.
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #20
jenifer.a
jenifer.a began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro...Pink of course
I don't purchase a book unless I'm about to read it right then, right there. My money is just to precious to "maybe" get to a book.

Scrooge McDuck much?
jenifer.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm definitely a hoarder. I have about 900 books on my ereader, though at least a third of those are "blurb": stuff about the book taken from Amazon, usually.

I never buy ebooks; they're too expensive. If I purchase a book, it's paperback, secondhand, or from a supermarket or other low cost outlet, or a reference book which works best as a paperbook.

But I love coming across unread classics and can't resist downloading them.

I might try the "random number" technique. I hate spending so much time deciding what's next.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
A subject close to my OCD heart.
I have an active collection of about 1700 with a total in excess of 2000.
With technology being what it is, my original thought was to download books of interest to me... NOW.... rather than have my ereader become obsolete and unsupported by newer ereader releases. So, I have plenty of classics to enjoy as perhaps generations of newer readers march past me.
Oh, and I still have one pbook that is yet unread.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #23
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
My TBR is about 200
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have many times more books I'd like to read than my probable future life expectancy.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Same. Right now there are not enough hours in a day and possible days left in my life. That's even without adding any new books or books I am just not now aware of.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #26
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Well poo, I just added 4 more to my list.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #27
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
I'm not sure I can count that high And that is not counting the multitudes of unread p-books on my bookshelves.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #28
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
About 90. I had my TBR list down to 40 and then fictionwise had a huge 60% sale last December. With fictionwise dropping their club membership, I might be able to make a dent in the list.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #29
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
That's just crazy. I have 54 books, and am working my way through the last 10 that I've downloaded. I don't have that kind of money to waste. If I buy it, I'm going to read it. So to put it succinctly, I pretty much don't have a TBR list.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
That's just crazy. I have 54 books, and am working my way through the last 10 that I've downloaded. I don't have that kind of money to waste. If I buy it, I'm going to read it. So to put it succinctly, I pretty much don't have a TBR list.
If it is crazy and such a waste, why are you even reading ebooks then?
I can see where finances limit things, but to call it crazy and a waste? Ouch...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote